Police officer

The rain hammered down as Erik drove the van down the highway. Peter and Kurt were listening to music in the middle row while Hank muttered to himself in the back and Raven slept.

A police car sped after them and Erik growled "Do they have some way of tracking mutants? I will not stand for this blatant discrimination."

Charles chuckled "darling, it's hammering it down and you are going 100 miles per hour."

Erik grumbled before slowing down and pulling over. The police officer walked up to the driver's side and tapped on the window. After a moment's hesitation, Erik (grudgingly) rolled down the window.

"Yes?"

"Do you know how fast you were going sir?" The police officer asked.

"Not fast enough to avoid you." Erik muttere darkly.

Peter and Kurt looked at Charles anxiously, expecting him to be worried about the fact that his husband had just insulted a police officer.

"Did I just witness you insulting a police officer?"

"How am I supposed to know what you witnessed?" Erik responded sarcasticly.

Charles looked at Erik fondly and smiled slightly. The police officer glared at Erik then after shooting a suspicious glance at the rest of the mutants, instructed "Sir I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the vehicle."

Peter glanced over at Charles, expecting him to be scared. Instead he found him trying to conceal a smile.

Erik was about to move however for some reason the officer had changed his mind as he cracked a large smile, "You know what, nevermind. You're far too handsome, I love a man who knows when to take charge."

Erik's eyes widened before he turned to glare at Charles.

"Took you long enough." He grumbled. "Next time I'd rather you don't use the police officer to flirt with me."

"I couldn't help myself darling." Charles winked which caused butterflies to rampage around Erik's stomach.

Charles' fingers were resting against his temple and Peter realised what he had done.

"You could always just flirt with me." Erik suggested with a smirk.

"Well maybe I will." Charles smirked.

Erik rolled his eyes at his husband's antics then turned to face the police officer "will that be all officer?"

"You are all clearly law abiding citizens so I'll let you go. Have a good day, especially you handsome."

After winking at Erik, the police officer walked away and got back into the car and drove away.

"That was unnecessary." Erik grumbled as he began to drive (at a slower pace) down the highway "couldn't you have mind controlled him before I pulled over?"

"If course I could have," Charles grinned cheekily "but that would have been really boring."

Erik rolled his eyes "remind me why I married you?"

"You love me." Charles grinned, moving his hand to rest on Erik's thigh.

Erik smiled fondly and grabbed Charles' hand in his before bringing it to his lips and pressing a kiss to his knuckles.

"That is very true mein Schatz."

Charles lent over and gently kissed Erik's lips. Erik smiled into the kiss as Charles mumbled "I love you Erik."

"I love you too."

Erik grinned broadly at his husband and was about to say something when someone sneezed, interrupting their moment. Erik tensed up and turned to face the road.

"Sorry." Hank mumbled.

Raven rolled her eyes "Good we don't have to watch them being sappy."

"Let them have their moment, it's really cute." Peter stated defensively.

"Ja, they are very cute." Kurt agreed.

Erik smiled slightly at Peter's words, he was touched at how protective Peter was. Charles gently squeezed his husband's hand and whispered "it's alright darling, you can relax."

Erik shot Charles a tentative smile "I'm trying Liebling but it's difficult."

"I know, I'm proud of you." Charles murmured, rubbing his thumb over Erik's knuckles.

"Thank you." Erik whispered.

Charles said nothing, he merely lent over and gently kissed Erik's cheek.