Chapter One

"Lina." I heard a soft voice in my ear. I'm so cold. "Lina please." Someone shook my shoulder gently. I tried so hard to open my eyes, they felt so heavy. "Lina you have to wake up." Maybe tomorrow. That's when I blacked out again.

I woke up hours later, my head pounding. Slowly opening my eyes I caught sight of red hair and the greenest eyes. Garth.

"Garth?" My voice sounded distant. Broken.

"Lina?" His hands were on my cheeks. "You're awake."

"You know, you're not as funny or adorable as the Garth in Supernatural." I swallowed and looked around.

"Ah you're hopped up on the pain medication." He patted my head and stood up. I looked at him and thrust my bottom lip out.

"You're sort of boring but in a sexy way." I laid back on my back. Haha back on my back, the English language is so flawed.

"Oh sweetheart when you go high, you're out of earths atmosphere." I giggled.

"Garthypoo you need to chill. Like seriously. Just let the ride of life take you on a journey."

"Ok Lina, honey, you need to stop with the hippie talk." He walked to the other end of the room.

"You should be happy I'm even talking to you, sugar. You stabbed me! You got blood on my pretty dress. I don't appreciate that." He stopped and looked at me, pain in his eyes.

"Look I'm sorry for that but I stayed to protect you. Vivian said I could go after I brought you to her but I stayed."

"Ah Vivian. I should have known that bitch was behind all of it." I raised my my arms and looked at the shackles on my wrists. "And do you really think that because you stayed makes it any less painful that you stabbed me and handed me over the enemy." Whatever medication I was on is wearing off.

"Look I'm sorry Lina!" He pulled at his hair and stalked toward me. "I'm an idiot ok? I'm not smart. I did what I did so that my pack, my family, could survive." He crouched down. I noticed a long bruise that colored half of his face.

"What happened?" I reached out and ran my fingers over his black and blue flesh.

"'Tis only a flesh wound." He smiled but I saw him flinch. "Your psycho vampire boy hulked out on me." I swallowed again, slowly.

"You deserved it."

"I know." We looked at each other for a while. I really looked at him. He didn't seem as intimidating or particularly handsome. Garth looked... He looked human. He jerked up quickly.

"Shes coming." I blinked. The drugs have completely worn off and I'm starting to feel a dull ache in my head.

"Whose coming?" Raising my hand to my face the sound of the chains rattling filled the room and my skull.

"Vivian." I rolled my eyes.

"This is serious Lina. She has... unnatural things on her side."

"Shes unnatural." I muttered

"Not now Lina." He quickly ran out, leaving me in the damp room. Coward. I heard the clicking of her heels before I saw her.

"Rozalina, how nice of you to join us." The fakest smile I've ever seen slithered onto her lips.

"Thank you for having me Vivian. Your hospitality puts The Four Seasons to shame." I raised both of my shackled arms.

"Oh how I've missed those witty remarks." She clicked over and grabbed my face, her pink manicured nails digging into my skin. Vivian pulled my face closer to hers. "Now lets see if I can mess up this pretty little face of yours."

Alexander's P.O.V.

"Are you ok Ashley?" I asked gently. She's been sitting, staring at the wall for an hour now.

"We buried my brother in your backyard." She turned to me, her eyes glazed over. "Do you think I'm ok?" Her voice was like ice. When we buried Mike she was numb. To tell you the truth I was numb as well. "You know I wish to whatever is running this show called life that I could go back to that Halloween night. That she had talked me out of coming here." She gestured around the room. "You can't change the past I suppose." Ashley put her head in her hands. I swallowed and looked to the small girl that was still in her blood red, blood stained dress.

"Colette." She turned to me. Tears gathered in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't want to do this, I never wanted any of this. I was following orders." Tears ran down her cheens and rolled down her neck. "I didn't expect to be her friend. I'm so sorry." She began sobbing. Bram walked over and put a hand on her shoulder. He has been quiet ever since I told him what happened. He turned his brown eyes on me.

"You've been very quiet Alexander." I nodded. "Are you ok?" I nodded again.

"Peachy." Turning I walked upstairs, past my room and into hers. I sat down on her bed. Rozalina's scent was everywhere.
"Meow." Her cat jumped up next to me. "Mew." He nudged my hand and ran to her open closet. I watched him.

"Why are you bringing me this?" Dexter dropped Rozalina's favorite pair of Converse at my feet. He nudged them and then nudged my leg, meowing.

"I don't know where she is ok?" He hissed and swatted my leg. "I don't know where she is!" I roared, kicking the shoes across the room. Every emotion that I've kept held down burst forth. I slammed my fist down onto the bed, sending a shock through the room. My fangs slid out. They were painful and throbbing. My throat burned with thirst. I swallowed again and turned. A picture of Rozalina laughing with her arm around Ashley. I picked it up and smiled.

"Where are you Rozalina." I didn't realize I was crying until a tear dropped onto the picture. "I will find you. Nothing will stop me. I promise."