twenty two.

Sean was glad that the move in date for the students was on a Friday. That gave him a couple of days to gather himself before the start of classes. Basketball season was underway and he was excited, the team had some games in November before thanksgiving break and that hyped him for the oncoming games.

Sean had planned to go about this semester differently. He was going to focus on himself instead of women and parties. His years at the university was narrowing down and it was time for him to get his head on straight. Sean packed his shoes neatly on the top rack of his closet before shutting it.

His stomach growling loudly made him furrow his eyebrows, he checked the time to see that it was five in the afternoon. He grabbed his keys from off of his bed and made his way out of the door. He froze when he saw Yasmeen and Taylor out in the common area standing.

He figured they were waiting for Deon.

"Wassup y'all." He says before he continued his walk to the door.

"You're not coming out to eat with us?" Taylor asks before he could even open the door.

"I wasn't invited ma'am." Sean jokes sarcastically as he widens his eyes at her.

"Well you're invited now, we do not want Deon's ass in our business while we're gossiping."

"Who else is um.. coming?" Sean asks hesitantly. He knew Milan and the girls were like the three musketeers, he didn't want to be around her at the moment.

"Milan is not coming if that's what you're asking."

Sean nods at Yasmeen's statement and his attention instantly drifts to Deon who comes out the bathroom staring at the group, "What's going on here?"

"Nothing and did you wash your hands?" Taylor asks while scrunching up her face.

"Of course I did baby, you know your man is what's is called? Germaphor-"

"Germaphobic?" Yasmeen and Taylor says in unison.

"Yeah that, wassup my man." Deon walks toward Sean and attempts to dap him up.

Sean shakes his head, "Nah man, I don't trust you."

Deon smacks his lips, "You coming with us? We're heading to Chic-Fil-A."

"Now, I get a invite me? This is kind of like that 'you can come if you want to' statement." Sean air quotes.

"I was going to," He trailed off before looking back at the girls and then back at Sean before leaning in toward him. "You know I can't be around them by myself too long."

Sean chuckles when Taylor comes up behind him and smacks him in the head, "Let's go! I'm hungry." Taylor whines as she grabs Deon's hand.

"Alright dang, you ain't have to hit me like that."

The group walks out of the door.

Back on campus, Milan and Davon are cuddling watching a movie. After getting their room together, they decided to spend the day with each other. She wanted to spend time with her friends but Davon insisted that they spent the day together instead.

Milan was sure that her friends would understand and she would hang out with them tomorrow.

"I have to use the bathroom, I'll be back." Davon mutters as he gets off of Milan's bed.

Milan nods and decides to pause the movie so they could continue to watch it together. She hears his phone ding and ignores it, Milan didn't want to intrude but there was a nagging feeling that she couldn't ignore telling her to check.

Knowing that it wasn't going to be anything, Milan lifts up the iPhone that laid beside her in the spot that Davon occupied.

Zoey: I feel like it's wrong, I don't want this to backfire on me.

Milan's freshly arched eyebrows furrow as she reads the message multiple times. She played every potential scenario there was before thinking about the allegation Yasmeen had mentioned. Milan didn't feel that Davon would do that, she hoped that he didn't.

Hearing the bathroom door open, Milan placed the phone back in its place before grabbing the remote.

"You paused it for me?" Davon asked with a smile as he shook his hands dry.

He didn't receive an answer and stared at Milan as she played the movie. He knew something was wrong, "Wassup? What's with the mood change?"

Milan shrugged and tensed up as he sat on the end of the bed, placing his hand on his feet.

"Talk to me."

Milan pauses the movie and looks his way, "What did Zoey do?"

Davon's mouth went dry, he didn't know how much Milan knew and wanted to choose his words correctly.

"Wh- What are you talking about?"

Milan took note of how shook he was now, his demeanor went from being open to know what was wrong to seeming to not wanting to hear Milan's next words.

She squint her eyes and sat up fully on the bed.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Milan picked up his phone and threw it to him.

"Did you go through my phone?" He asks as he picked it up, he saw the message Zoey had sent.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. What is she talking about? And don't make me ask her, because I will."

Davon stands up and looks over at Milan, "What does it matter? It has nothing to do with you."

"Are you and her-"

"No, it's nothing like that!"

"Don't lie! If it's nothing why is it so hard to tell me what's going on. That text is fishy Davon. All I need is an explanation."

"I fucked up alright." Davon says making Milan stare at him.

"Fucked up how? In what way? What's going on."

"Look." Davon breathes out and sits on the bed before looking over to Milan. He knew she would probably hate him after what he was about to tell her but he could not risk her hearing it from Zoey.

"Zoey had me-"

"Had you date me to break me and Sean up right?" Milan chuckles in between finishing his sentence. She scoffs as she thinks about Yasmeen and what she had said a couple of months ago, and how she stood up for Davon.

Davon nods slowly, "But when I saw you and caught onto your vibe it grew to be something more Milan, I fell in love with you." He pleads as he scoots closer placing his hands on her thigh.

Milan shakes her head as her eyes water, she made the wrong choice and ignored all of the signs. She felt betrayed.

"Leave."

"Milan, I swear-"

"Leave!" Milan yells startling Davon, he had never heard her raise her voice and that made him realize that nothing he could say at the moment could fix it.

Milan holds back tears as Davon stood up, she refused to let him see her cry. She refused to let how Zoey's conniving ways effect her show in front of him, for all she knew he was an enemy.

Davon grabs his things and heads to the door, leaving out. As if one cue, she busts into tears.

TO BE CONTINUED