twenty three.

Autopilot, is the word that describes what Milan had been on for the past couple of days. She hadn't told anyone about the information that she had just found out regarding Davon.

Milan couldn't bear to hear the "I told you so's" and she didn't want to cry about it anymore. She became a person of few words and decided to stick to herself when she could. Her friends noticed the change but decided not to speak on it.

They wanted her to come out and tell them herself without feeling pressured to do so, but it just became too hard to ignore. Milan didn't come around as much and when she did, she said little. Here she was in the cafe playing with her salad as her friends talked.

"No, I told my professor that the WiFi wasn't working and he's like that's not an excuse, we can go off campus. What if I don't have any transportation, is he going to take me?" Yasmeen said as she looked between Taylor and Milan.

"Right, he didn't think about that though. There's literally people on campus without cars."

"That's what I'm saying."

Taylor looked over at Milan who had her head on her hand playing with her salad and locked eyes with Yasmeen who had her eyebrows raised.

Milan didn't even notice the two girls communicating silently as she kept her attention on her plate.

"Milan." Taylor says, "Mil!"

It took for Yasmeen who was sitting beside her to nudge her for them to get her attention.

"Yeah, yeah? Wassup?" She says as she looked up at the girls, pushing a stray loc from in front of her face.

"What's going on with you? Must've failed a test or something today."

Milan plastered a fake smile on her face, "It's nothing like that, I'm just not feeling well."

"You need anything? We're here for you." Yasmeen says.

"I know, I'm fine. Promise." Milan smiled softly hoping that it would satisfy them. It didn't.

"Now you know that fake ass smile isn't going to shut us up." Yasmeen says, "We know something is wrong and we can't ignore it anymore whether you like it or not."

Milan felt tears welling up, she disliked when people asked what was wrong when she was upset. She would burst into tears right afterwards and to avoid that, she needed to get away from the girls.

"Why won't y'all just mind y'all's business." Milan voice cracked as she got up to the table and beelined to the door wiping the tears that made their way down her face.

She felt horrible, Milan wouldn't expect her to be in a situation like this. Her mom warned her about boys but never in a million years would she expect to fall victim. She stood outside of the cafe on the stairs looking around, so no one would get a chance to see her tear stained face.

She felt around wrapped around her neck and turned around to see Yasmeen with a sympathetic look on her face. She could practically fed the hurt radiating off of her friend.

Milan wrapped her arms around her tightly and sobbed in her chest. Taylor placed her hand on Milan's back rubbing it soothingly. All of a sudden, she didn't care that she was in public any more.

This was truly Milan's first heartbreak.

Sean is in his bed reading a book that he has picked up from the library. The book was centered around psychology and he decided to check it out since that was what he was interested in.

His eyes darted to the door when he noticed Deon entering his room, he rolled his eyes when he saw him.

"I guess knocking is a thing of the past." Sean says.

"Very funny but I need to speak to you real quick."

"About?"

"Milan." Deon says as he pulls back Sean's desk chair and sits in it.

"What about her?" Sean asks as he continues to read his book.

"Taylor says she's going through something. She thinks it's about Davon though, he did something fucked up."

"What am I supposed to do? Be her therapist? Milan made her choice, whatever they have going on I'm sure they'll get through it."

"Why are you acting so heartless?"

"Heartless?" Sean's body shot up and he sat his book faced down beside him, "How am I heartless? This girl told me to my face that she wanted him over me. After I've done everything that I could do to show her that I was ready to change my ways for her."

"You can't fault her. You've fucked up before, ole dude was perfect in her eyes at the moment."

"So what? I'm supposed to be on standby and wait for my turn or something? Miss me with all that." Sean states before waving him off and grabbing his book.

"I'm not saying be on standby, I'm saying be her friend."

"She has friends."

"That she's not talking to. Come on Sean, I'm not saying go over there and ask to be in a relationship. I'm saying check on her. I think she'll talk to you, Taylor is driving me crazy with the shit."

Sean smacks his lips before looking over his book, "I'm doing this for you aight?"

TO BE CONTINUED