The Punchline

I do not own The Goddess of Victory Nikke, Alice, Jackson, or anything referenced.

-Grey POV two weeks later-

I drive Alexis, Angel, and Eris home after a very heated conversation with Anderson. Ever since coming back I was put in a holding cell as Angel and Alexis were studied, and Eris was put in the hospital for a bit.

-Earlier today-

"What you did was completely selfish and idiotic! What would you have done if they weren't in their right minds?!" Anderson yells and I glare at him. "What would happen to those girls if you died?!" He yells and I slam my hands into the table silencing him.

"My girls lied to me! They hid the fact that those two were alive!" I yell at him enraged at everyone involved. "How many people Anderson?" I ask lowly.

"The point is-" He begins and I punch his desk.

"HOW MANY FUCKING PEOPLE?!" I yell at him. "They all died because of me! All those Nikke! All of those Commanders! All because you want to keep them away from me!" I yell at him. Their blood is on my hands as they were protecting me.

"Grey." He begins and I glare at him.

"Don't speak my fucking name right now. What leader sends people to a fucking slaughter?" I ask him and he sighs. "You sent Eris to die! She's under my command! When were you going to tell me you sent her on a suicide mission?! Let me tell you when! When you had the fucking balls to tell me she was KIA!" I yell at him.

"We really thought." He says and I put my finger on his chest.

"You fucking thought?! If you used your fucking brain for a second. You would have sent me! I was under Alexis's command! I know how they do things!" I yelled at him and pushed him back.

"All I can say is sorry Grey." He says and I put my hands out.

"Am I still being locked up?" I ask calmly.

"No. You, Angel, Alexis, and Eris are free to go home." He says and I walk away without another word.

-current time-

I pull up to the house and we all get out. "Commander!" The girls yell and run out. They all stop as I frown at them.

"You all lied and kept important information from me." I say and they all look down. "Anderson already said he ordered it, but it doesn't help that if you girls would have told me. I would have thought of a better plan." I say and they all nod slowly. "I can't stay mad at you all." I say and open my arms. They all rush in and hug me while also being careful of Marian's small bump.

"Commander Grey." I hear a voice and turn around to see the Nikke from the park.

"Yes?" I ask curiously and look at her pregnant belly.

"My husband was sent to confront Chatterbox. Please you have to help him! I tried to reason with him, but he said he had to." She sobs and I get a serious look on my face

"Everyone but Marian get geared up! Marian make sure you keep her calm, Snow White I'll be waiting at Bellona." I order and they all run to get ready.

"Thank you Grey." The Nikke says with tears in her eyes.

"No worries. I'm not going to let anyone else die because of me." I tell her and run to where Bellona is.

-Reader POV-

The Commander and his team were completely pinned down with no escape. As they continue to fight the sound of a helicopter could be heard. Suddenly rockets demolished the closest opposition to the Commander.