Chapter 4 - The Five

Marley was at the Salvatore Boarding House as Stefan was examining the hunter's mark on a wooden stake. Damon entered the room with some boxes on his shoulder. “So what is all this?”

Marley walked over to them and started to look at another wooden stake. “I have never seen this.” She looked at them. “I could ask my father.”

Stefan nodded. “Sure.”

“Okay.” Marley comment as then she made a movement and send a fire massage to het father. “Now we wait.”

Damon nodded as then he comment. “Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV. May he rest in peace. I'm searching for a supernatural handbook.”

“And you know for a fact that he was supernatural?” Stefan asked.

Damon looked at them. “Definitely wasn't natural. The guy magically appeared just as someone blows up the entire Founders Council. He's covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert... of all people in the world... seems to be able to see. Klaus mentioned something about him being one of The Five. Then he kamikazes himself with explosives. Sound natural to you?”

“No.” Marley replied.

Stefan frowned. “What's The Five?”

“That's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook.” Damon’s phone rang and he picked it up. It's Sheriff Forbes. “Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff.” He looked worried. “What? That's...concerning. Keep me posted.”  He hung up.

“What? You're not gonna tell me?” Stefan asked, frowning.

“Can't tell you. Private. We're in a fight.” Damon replied.

“You're in a fight. I'm not in a fight, I'm over it, I've been over it.” Stefan comment.

“Men.” Marley muttered.

Damon looked at them. “Very well, then. They didn't find any remains at the explosion site.”

“So Connor's still out there.” Stefan pointed it out.

“Yes.” Marley told them.

“Apparently so. I'm gonna need you to get on this today. I have to take Elena to college.” Damon comment, then he looked at Marley. “We have to take Elena to college.”

“Oh. Okay.” Marley shrugged.

Stefan looked surprised. “I'm sorry, you have to do what, exactly?” He asked.

Damon looked at him. “I'm teaching her how to feed. She needs to learn snatch, eat, erase now more than ever.” Stefan was about to say something, but Damon stopped him. “Ah, ah, we're not in a fight, remember?”

--------------‐--

Outside the college, Damon, Elena, Marley, Simon and Bonnie pulled up to the front of the school and get out of Damon's car. Elena looked at Bonnie. “Are you sure that you're okay with this?”

“If I could spell you out of wanting blood, I would, but I can't, so better you learn this now than at freshmen orientation.” Bonnie replied.

“I will.” Marley comment, smiling.

“Sure.” Simon added.

Elena sighed. “Something tells me that college isn't in my future anymore.”

“Oh, stop with the pity party. If I can go to college, you can go to college.” Damon told her.

They looked surprised at him as Bonnie asked. “You went to college?”

“Sure, plenty of times. I always had a thing for sorority girls.”  Damon smirked.