Chapter 5 - The Killer

Author’s note: This is in Faye povs, that later goes to Marley povs. I will put it in the chapter where that is.

----------------------

The Grill was closed. Matt was in it alone, getting ready to open it up. He called Jeremy and leaves him a voice message. “Really? Jeremy, you're half an hour late. Get here now.” He hung up and started to put down the chairs from the table tops.

Just then, April and Faye entered the Grill on the same time. “Uh...Matt?” April asked.

“Matt.” Faye added. “Hey.”

Matt looked at them. “Uh, hey, April, Faye. We don't open until eleven.”

“Oh, sorry.” Faye told him. “I just wanted some fries, but I will wait.”

Matt smiled at her. “You can wait for bit, I’m sorry for that.”

“It’s okay.” Faye shrugged and sat down in a chair.

April had her eyes widen. “Oh, sorry, I wasn't like trying to scare you or stalk you or whatever. I just... I came to ask if you've seen Rebekah.”

“Nope.” Faye comment.

Matt frowned. “Why would I have seen Rebekah?”

“Oh, I just assumed...I mean, aren't you guys kind of like a thing?” April asked, confused.

Faye chuckled as Matt scoffed and turned around. “Rebekah and I are not a thing.”

April walked closer towards Matt. “Well, I... I mean I'm worried about her. She said she'd help me find stuff out about the fire that killed my dad and then she just... disappeared.”

Suddenly, Connor pushed Jeremy into the room. April, Faye and Matt turned around, startled. Matt rushed in front of girls, Faye rolled with her eyes. Connor came up behind Jeremy again and placed the knife back against his throat. “Trust me, that's the least of your problems.”

---------------------

“Sit down!” Connor shouted. “Sit down!” He still had Jeremy in a headlock and walked forward. April, Faye and Matt back up and sat down. Connor pushed Jeremy down into a chair next to them. “Gilbert, give me your cell phone.”

Faye glanced at Matt. “I could kill him here and now.” She whispered to him, hoping that April didn’t hear her.

“No, don’t to that. There are three humans here and we can get hurt.” Matt reasoned with her.

“Oh.” Faye comment.

Jeremy glanced at April. “At least let April go. She doesn't have anything to do with this.”

“She has everything to do with this.” Connor argued back. Jeremy handed Connor his phone. “Her and her father. Plus, she and I have history.”

April looked confused. “What are you talking about? I've never seen you before in my life.”

Connor sighed. “Well, you kids need to get some vervain. And don't just wear it as a bracelet where anybody can just take it off.” He pointed at Jeremy's vervain bracelet. Jeremy looked up at him. “Maybe then you'd remember our conversation at the hybrid's yesterday.”

Jeremy frowned. “Our conversation? Are you saying someone compelled me?!”

“Most likely.” Faye muttered.

“Would someone please tell me what he's talking about?!” April exclaimed.

Connor looked at them. “Compulsion, secrets, vampires.”