Chapter 8 - Into the Wild

Author’s note: I’m gonna skip some episodes and that are these: We'll Always Have Bourbon Street, O Come, All Ye Faithful, After School Special, Catch Me If You Can, A View to a Kill.

----------------

So much had happened these last few weeks. 12 hybrids were killed, vampires were killed by Jeremy and he went under hypnosis, Christmas went by and Kol was killed to complete the map. Marley, Faye and Magnus stayed at home, while others went to an island to get the cure. So, now, Marley, Faye and Caroline entered through the back door. They saw Tyler. “You’re still here? What are you doing?” Caroline asked him.

“Gloating.” Tyler poured himself a drink.

“Why would you do that?” Faye asked. Tyler didn’t response.

Klaus emerged from the living room and walked as far as he can within the confines of the spell. “Hello, Caroline, Faye, Marley.”

“Hello.” Faye comment.

Caroline glared at him for a moment before looking back at Tyler. “Come home. Don’t stoop to his level.”

“He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself.” Tyler told her.

Caroline sighed. “Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corpse.” She found a table cloth in a cabinet and she and Marley used it to cover up Kol’s body.

“We should bury him.” Faye told them. “No matter our history.”

“You are right.” Marley nodded. They moved Kol’s body outside.

Klaus watched them with a slightly tortured expression. “Tyler’s mother is dead. So is my brother. We’re even.” He looked at Caroline. “Call Bonnie. Get her to let me out of here.”

Caroline looked at him. “I will never, ever, help you.”

Marley and Faye back inside. “Just magicked buried Kol.” Faye told to Klaus.

Klaus nodded. “How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter.” He told to Caroline.

“How delusional are you? You killed his mother. And let’s not forget that we’re standing in a house where Elena’s aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her, too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you.” Suddenly Klaus vamp-speed to pick up a nearby floor lamp, which he used to impale Caroline.

“What the hell is going on here?” Marley asked confused.

“No!” Tyler shouted.

Klaus swung Caroline over to his side of the magical barrier and bite her neck. She fell to the floor. “Now, that was definitely worth the calories.”

“What the f*ck?” Faye asked, frowning.

“Language.” Marley called over to her.

“Really, mama?” Faye asked. “Right now?”

“Yes!” Marley exclaimed.

“Omg!” Faye groaned.

Just then, Caroline stood op. “Oh my god! Oh my god!” She continued to repeat this as Tyler settled her down on a sofa.

“Hey, hey. Look at me. Look at me. I can fix this.” Tyler told her, reassuring.

Caroline looked at him. “How? The only thing that can heal me is his blood! Oh my god...”

“I know. I’ll fix it.” Tyler told her.

Just then, Marley looked at him. “No, you will make it worse.” Then, she walked up to Klaus. “I’m not afraid of you.” She stated. “So, why don’t you put your ego aside and give me some of your blood.”

“Okay.” Klaus bite into his wrist and extends his arms, palmed up. “Beg me to save her life.”

“No.” Marley stated. “You have this big ego. Look I know you brother is just killed and that sucks. I know what’s that like to lose someone you love, just help her.”

“Mama, you suck at words.” Faye comment.

“No.” Klaus told them.

Caroline glared at him. “Get me out of here. I can’t even look at him.”

Tyler helped her up. “Come on.” Klaus watched them leave, looking unhappy. Marley went outside.

------------------

Moments later, Faye looked at him. “Do you always have to be the alpha male?”

“I am the alpha male, love.” Klaus replied.

“Omg.” Faye exclaimed. “Just safe her, I don’t care if you look in front of Tyler or anybody else. Caroline is my mother’s friend, she is beginning to be my friend as well.”

Klaus looked at her. “Where are you getting?”

Faye closer to him, she even walked past the magic barrier. They were face to face. “My mother and I can take down the barrier, if you help me to help Caroline.”

“If I safe Caroline, Tyler needs to run.” Klaus told her. “If I find him here still, I will kill him.”

“Okay.” Faye nodded. “So, do we have a deal?”

“Only if you go on a date with me.” Klaus bargained.

Faye smiled. “Deal.”

----------------

Tyler carried Caroline into the living room and lied her down on the floor. Klaus turned around. “Do what you have to do.” Tyler told to Faye.

Faye frowned. “You have been listening.” She stated.

“I have.” Tyler nodded.

“So you will just leave?” Marley asked as she walked inside. She had been listening in.

“I will.” Tyler replied, then he leaves.

Klaus sat behind her, bite open his wrist and put it to her mouth and she started drinking.