Chapter 1

Ding Dong!

Go away! I thought when I heard the annoying door bell. Who in their right mind would disturb my peace. I layed face down on my bed and covered my head with the pillow.

Ding Dong!

"Fuck off." I mumbled. Take a hint, buddy. I don't want to get out of bed and if whoever it is wakes up the twins, I will personally torture and kill you.

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

That's it. I grabbed my gun from underneath my pillow and walked out my room to the front door.

"What?!" I yelled as a opened the door and pointed my gun at the culprits head.

"Whoa! Someone woke up the wrong side of the bed this morning." A familiar voice replied. Too familiar. I look to the side to see his face.

"Oli, what the fuck?!" I exclaimed. He's really irritating me right now.

"Uh... Do you mind putting your gun down, babe," he said while pushing the gun I was still holding away from him.

I brought the gun to my side. "Good... I am visiting Shanghai for a week for a business trip and I thought I'd live with my fiancé and kids instead of staying in a hotel." He said.

"Firstly, I'm not your fiancé, I'm your girlfriend, who's still underaged y'know. Secondly, you're only visiting because of a business trip, ouch! We haven't seen you for 1 and a half months." I say annoyed.

"I'm very sorry, love. I've been trying to make time to visit you and the twins but my schedule's full. And of course you aren't my fiancé... yet. Just need to wait for 3 more years." He mumbled the last part but I could still hear it.

He came over and pulled me in a hug and kissed my forehead. A small smile made its way to my lips.

Okay, let me tell you guys about our story. So I met Oliver when I was 12 and he was 17.

(Trigger: Abuse)

I was crying outside my 'mamma's' apartment building with bruises littering my body. In detail, I had a black eye, busted lip, black and blue ribs, a fractured wrist, cuts and burn marks.

Yeah, wasn't a pretty scene. I was so use to it at this point. Today's injuries was because I forgot to buy milk at the store. Well, while every single person who passed by didn't want to get involved. He stepped up and took me to the hospital.

When I woke up in a hospital room after surgery and he was sitting in a chair next to my bed.

Flashback

"You're awake?!" He said after he noticed I was awake.

"Yeah, do I know you?" I asked curiously. Why is this stranger here, maybe he works for them.

"I found you barely conscious by an apartment and I couldn't just leave you there. By the way, what happened?" He asked worriedly.

I couldn't help but breakdown in tears. He stood up and sat next to me on the bed and hugged me.

I sobbed uncontrollably into his chest and found myself telling him everything. And when I say everything I mean everything.

When I finally calmed down he spoke. "What if I told you I could get you away from it all?" He asked me. That sounds tempting.

"I'd do anything honestly," I said quietly. And that's how he told me how he was apart of the Australian Mafia and he could get me out of there easily.