Chapter 10

Three men then walked up to me. They looked like appa, some of them looked younger than the other. They looked familiar.

"Buongiorno, bambina." The older looking one spoke.

(Formal: Hello. Female: child)

"Ciao. And who are you?" I asked trying to think. I've seen these men before but where.

(Informal: Hello)

"Ignore him, he's too formal. Ciao, bambina. I'm your zio Giovanni and these two are your zii Matteo and Alessio." Zio Giovanni spoke with a smile on his face.

Now I remembered them, they're my uncle's. I remember Giovanni being my favourite uncle, I loved them all.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry if me not remembering you has offended you." I said with a slight bow.

"Nessun problema. I understand, you were only 5 years old. And stop being so formal, you're reminding me of your zio Alessio. Always serious and formal." He said as he pulled me in for a hug.

(No problem)

He's still the same. Super chill and unbothered. Only in serious situations will he act like an adult.

"Ciao." Zio Matteo came and hugged me next.

Zio Alessio hugged me too, he barely said anything except hello. Him and zio Matteo, maybe they need some space.

"And these are our wives, your Zie." And from behind him three women walked up to me.

Two of them had the most beautiful chocolate completion. And one of the two had a bump, she's pregnant?

"Sawubona. Ciao. You must be Yong, the family has told me so much about you. Abangtshelanga uthi umuhle kanjena." The pregnant lady said as she hugged me.

(They didn't tell me you were this beautiful)

I know this language. She's Zulu. Wow, I always wanted to go to South Africa for the holidays.

"Igamalami uAmahle futhi nguaunt wako." She's smiled. "Oh, I forgot you might not understand. My name is Amahle and I'm your Zia. I'm also your Zio Giovanni's wife. "

"Don't worry. I understand, I actually love learning languages. You're speaking isiZulu right? One of South Africa's many official languages." I spoke. She looked shocked and then laughed.

Her laugh sounds so care-free and beautiful. Contagious too.

"Wow. And you're smart. So uyakwazi ukhuskhuluma?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

(So you know how to speak it?)

"Kancane, I actually want to go there for holiday's." I smiled and her smile was so wide it looked like it hurt.

(A little bit)

The second woman carefully pulled her to the side. "Ama, you're taking so long. I want to talk to her too." She spoke in a French accent.

"Bonjour! I'm so happy to see you again, mon chérie." She looked different from Amahle, her brown eye looked like they had litte specks of gold.

And her skin was a bit darker than Amahle's skin. Both of them are the most beautiful Black queens I've seen.

"I'm your Zia Valentina but you can shorten it to Val or Tina. The last time I saw you was when you were 4 years old. Look at you now, 16?!" She seemed so calm and down to earth.

"I'm turning 17 in 4 months. Nice to meet you Zia Val. You're married to Zio Matteo, no?" She nodded and hugged me.

"I missed you so much, Cordelia. I wish we found you sooner." Her voice sounded shaky, was she crying?

"네, but you couldn't do anything about it. Don't cry." I assured her.

(Yes)

"I wish we did do more though," the third woman spoke. She must be Zio Alessio's wife.

She is a pale woman with dirty blond hair and very kind eyes.

"I'm your Zia Deena. It's pronounced Dee-n-a or D-N-A. People get confused sometimes." She chuckled and hugged me too.

This family is so nice. I love them already.

---------------------

At the end of most of the day I was introduced to all of my family. My cousins, 할머니, 할아버지 and bisnona.

(Halmeoni: Grandmother. Hal-abeoji: Grandfather)

Turns out 할아버지 and I were the best of friends when I was younger and we still are today.

I just met the man and I already love him.

My cousin, Kendall, was a bitch. As expected. She really is an attention seeker and literally can't keep her mouth shut.

And my baby cousin, Siya, is so cute. He is adorable and very smart for a 6 year old. I love him so much already and told me how much he's always wanted to meet me.

-------------------------

Well, I had a pretty eventful day. I'm now in bed, showered and changed into clean pajamas.

Everyone is eating downstairs, I decided to leave early to rest for the next day when my phone rang.

"여보세요."

"Hey babe," Oliver greeted.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm actually calling to let you know, I'll be flying with the girls to live in Italy for a while." He stated.

"No you're not. What if someone finds out who they are? You could put them in danger. I'm currently in Italy because my family lives here. What would they do if they found out and them and you?" I rambled.

"Okay, calm down. I would never let anything bad happen to them and you can always come visit or even stay for a night or two. We'll be living in one of the mafia houses I own here." He tried to calm me down.

"Fine. Call as soon as you get to the house safely."

"I will. We'll probably be there in an hour. We left a while ago, I just wanted to inform you." He spoke.

"It's okay. Listen, I need to go now. Hopefully, I'll see you guys tomorrow and tell the girls I said hi. Bye, 사랑해요."

(I love you)

"I will. I love you too." He hung up.

I guess I'll see them tomorrow, which is Thursday. Then Friday is my mission. This is going to be a very busy week

----------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far. Leave comments if you have ideas for future chapters. Thanks for the reads and please vote, really helps with.... motivation.

Much love 😘