Chapter 7

Well, at least I thought it would be a dreamless night. WRONG!

I woke up breathing heavily, sweat covered me head to toe and I was shaking in fear. I feel so pathetic right now, it's getting to my head.

My hands were wrapped around my neck and tears were rolling down my face. Suddenly I felt a hand on my lower leg and I jolted upright.

I shouldn't have done that cause pain instantly hit me from my possibly broken ribs causing me to hiss out in pain.

I looked at the end of my bed to see Mira looking very worried at me. I didn't realise this situation was stressing me because next thing I knew I was struggling to breathe and wheezing.

Mira somehow knew what was happening and rushed to the bathroom and came back with my asthma pump. I quickly took it from her and took a few puffs.

In, 2, 3. Hold, 2, 3, 4. Out, 2, 3. I repeated in my mind and heard Mira saying it softly as if she knew what to do.

I eventually calmed down and felt slightly better. "Did you have a nightmare? And why did it not sound like a normal nightmare? Why did you almost have an asthma/panic attack?" Mira asked me worriedly.

I can't tell her about my past yet, she'll know what she did to me and how miserable I was living with her and her boyfriend. But she's my twin, I feel like I can trust her.

"It wasn't a nightmare, it was a memory," I said quietly looking down at my hands.

"What?!" She sounded horrified at what I just said.

"Look I'll tell you what happened to me but promise me you won't tell anyone. Promise me that I can trust you," I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I promise," she crossed her heart with her fingers.

"Okay. So my earliest memory when I was 3 years old and you guys were still in my life." I smiled at the memory.

"I remember how much Papa and the boys loved spoiling us with gifts, so many surprises."

"We all loved each other so much and would do anything to make sure everyone remembered that they are loved."

"But then one day I walked in on 'mom' making out with her boy toy and to say she was furious to see me would be an understatement."

"She told me to not tell anyone about them. Of course being the stupid kid I was I listened to her. Then two weeks after that incident 'mom' got into our room at night and took me then she left with me."

And I told her everything minus me being involved in the Australian Mafia, me being the future German mafia leader, my boyfriend or him being leader of the Australian Mafia and me having kids.

By the end of my story she was full on sobbing. Like she was literally crying buckets of water silently. It's loud enough for me to hear but not for anyone outside this room.

I know I didn't tell her my full story with the Mafia, Oliver, the twins, the assassin 'institution' I practically grew up in, etc. But I don't trust her that much.

"Ca-can I hu-hug you?" She finally choked out. I was taken a back, I thought if anyone heard my traumatic childhood they'd want nothing to do with me.

"I don't think that's a good idea-" I told her but the pleading look on her face and the river bank that was about to break shut me up.

I sighed and opened my arms. She immediately hugged me but not tightly to avoid my injuries. I couldn't help flinching away at her touch but slowly eased into the hug.

She pulled away and wiped her tears. "Sorry, I get very emotional. I promise I'll take this secret to my grave. Why don't you shower and get changed for breakfast." She smiled sadly.