Chapter 3

I was resting my head on the desk in French class, I didn't need to pay attention since I've done this year's ago already.

"Yong Romano, may you please make your way to the principal's office." The intercom lady said.

I don't remember doing anything today and it's only the second lesson so what did I do? Oh... maybe someone reported my prank on Mr Averil that I did last week.

You know, nothing major. Just slashed his tiers and the seats, smashed the windows with stone and it might have been much but I put cat turd on the driver's seat.

To be fair, he's flirting with me and I don't like it one bit. One time he even tried to make an excuse for me to stay after his lesson after school.

Tell me you wouldn't do the same thing. His scream when he saw his car was music to my ears, I'd rather pull that prank than end his eternal misery.

"Miss Romano, did you hear the announcement. Go to the principal's office," Madame Felis said in French. Our first day she said she will only speak French unless necessary.

"Of course, Madame," I said sweetly to her. She's still a nice teacher and probably the few I like in this school.

I got up from my seat and walked out of the classroom to the principal's office. I waved at Lindsey the receptionist, her and I are like best buddies now.

"Oh sweetie, what did you do this time," she said. Yep, she's know me since last year and I'm a regular here.

"This time I honestly don't know or maybe it's that one time..." I trialed off remembering what I did to Mr Averil's car.

"Right, you know where to go," she said sounding unamused. She really thought I couldn't get into trouble for at least one week.

I walked to the principal's office and opened the door/ barged in. "Could you stop doing that every time, my door's gonna break. That's the second one this month," he said.

He looks exhausted. I shouldn't give him that hard of a time... no that's never gonna happen. There was a lady wearing smart clothes sitting in front of his desk.

"Who's that?" I asked him.

"Don't be rude, ask the nice lady her name," he hissed angrily at me.

"My apologies. Ma'am what's your name," I turned to her.

"Laverna, dear. I'm actually here to speak to you, take a seat." She gestured to the seat next to her. I sat down and waited for her to speak.

"I'm sorry to say this but your mother has been found dead in Germany. Her body was burnt, she was unrecognisable when we found her." She said sympathetically.

I hate sympathy, it makes me feel weak and pathetic. "Okay, so when am I going to foster care," I asked in a bored tone.

She looked at me in shock and Mr Lee (the principal) was just shaking his head at me. He knew my 'situation', well half of it.

He hates my birth giver as much as I do. Laverna seemed to recover from her shock and cleared her throat.

"Well you are fortunately not going to foster care because your father is going to take you in," she said with a smile.

Papa! My heart started racing. I haven't seen him in 11 years, how will everyone look like now. I'll finally get to see Yen and everyone, but wait what if it's not him?

"Are you sure it's him," I asked more interested in the conversation now. I still remember what he looks like, I know I was 5 back then but I have a perfect memory.