Chapter 13

We almost made it to the kitchen but I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Watch it, bitch!" An annoying voice said. I didn't even have to look at her to know who it was.

"Sorry, Kendall." I rolled my eyes and pushed past her. Zia Amahle turned around and hugged me.

"Sawubona, ntombo!" She greeted.

(Hello, girlie)

"Hi, Zia." I hugged her back.

"Are you going to help or are you going to be like Kendall, ivila?" She asked jokingly.

(Lazy person)

"I'll help."

"Great."

Then she started singing while dragging me to the kitchen. Hambu yo hambu yo hambu yosebenza. Hambu yosebenza, hambu yosebenza.

(Basically means go work or go and work. So, Go and, go and, go and work)

She's bubbly and joyful in the morning for what? But I loved it though.

----------------timeskip---------------

Everyone was awake and eating breakfast now. Zia Amahle and I made eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, sausages, fruits, etc. Typical breakfast.

But she taught me how to make iphalishi. It's so simple to make, just 3 ingredients. Water, maize meal and salt. When you eat it you have to mix in sugar and lemon juice. You can even substitute the lemon juice for butter or milk.

(Porridge)

Everyone was chatting and tried including me into conversations. I ate a small bowl of porridge and one pancake.

"Why don't you eat some more, Principessa?" Elijah asked me.

"I'm not that hungry." I smiled awkwardly.

"Why? There's more than enough, a lot more and you're only eating that." Ethan said and Elijah nodded in agreement.

I was irritated. I know they care, I really do but... a little part of me feels like they don't. I thought eomma did but she didn't.

Fernando must have sensed this cause he cleared his throat. "Bambina, you'll be starting school soon. On Monday."

"Okay." I answered. I don't really mind school, I've done it before so it will be easy but boring.

"Papa, called your previous school and we were happy to find out you were the top student in your school. I hope you'll keep that up." He smiled.

"I will, Fern." I like that nickname, I'll start calling him that. He smiled, I guess he likes it too.

Everyone started chatting away again but this time they were talking about how smart I am and were praising me. But of course Kendall couldn't keep her fucking mouth shut.

"Fucking attention seeking Bitch." Kendall grumble under her breath.

I turned and glared at her, if looks could kill, I'd be doing Satan a favour by killing her off early. But I don't think he'd want her too. Mira, thankfully, came to the rescue before I could slit the bitch's throat and watch her bleed to death.

"Papa, may we please be excused? Lia and I need to catch up more." Mira asked softly. He agreed.

She took my hand and we walked towards her room. I was pissed. What was going through Zio Matteo's mind when he adopted that bitch? Was he on drugs?

----------------timeskip-----------------

I spent the next 2 days with my family, getting to know them.