12

"mom, dad, i'm going to school!"

my loud voice echoes throughout the entire house seems to not be heard by my parents as i wait for a whole minute. without further ado, i run out the house as i reach for my bicycle. it's the day we work on seungyoun's master plan and i must be there before 10. it's 9 now and since seungyoun already called, it's my sign to be on my way.

riding pass and out the neighbourhood, it gets scarier yet i must face it. if it weren't for what happened three days ago, i would've bring wooseok with me but things occurred and i have to be on my way alone. as much as i'm afraid, it's more bearable than being around that emotionally unavailable guy.

safely, i roll into the school compound and lock my bicycle at the parking spot near the gate. i walk towards the field, eyes focusing on the crowd of boys in the sky blue football jerseys. they're warming up together and there i see cho seungyoun following the instructions of their goalkeeper. 

distracted by my presence, mr. cho raises both his arms in the air as he screams, "im haerin!"

i bury my face under the palm of my hand, embarrassed by his gesture yet use the other hand to slightly wave at him. he's so loud, i could feel the eyes of the other boys sticking on me. i never wanted to run away so much the way i am right now.

after finishing up the warm up, seungyoun runs up the bleachers towards where i'm standing. a childish, filled with excitement smile is drawn on his face. not to mention, he's all worked up more than ever today; either the eagerness to win or to be with yeoreum after it ends.

"why are you here alone? where's yeoreum?" he asks, looking around to see if i've brought his girl with me. obviously i don't, she lives pretty far from where my neighbourhood is. 

"i told her to come with yohan. she lives far from me and it's in yohan's way here. plus, now's too early of a saturday morning for her to be rising from her death trial." i explain myself.

seungyoun nods, "good. can you call yohan to confirm?"

"call?" my mouth opens wide like my eyes, taken aback by seungyoun's command, "i don't have his number."

"give me your phone." he takes out his phone from the back pocket of his shorts as i hand him mine. boy, he better not forget to put his phone away before the game.

"why don't you call him?" i ask, not getting his demeanor. as much as i like yohan, it feels weird to have his phone number without asking for it myself. i should be making this move since the start but i'm not so much of a social butterfly to be keeping contact information of others. the only numbers i have of people at school are yeoreum's and wooseok's.

"i put both my number and yohan's in." he returns my phone back into my hand, "i would, but it's more fun to let you do it. you're the one who's down for him, not me."

rolling my eyes, a heavy sigh escapes in between my lips, "fine. what do i say?"

"just talk. what's so hard? you talk to him every day." coming from you? excuse me, cho seungyoun, if it weren't for me, we wouldn't be here. you should be thanking me instead of downgrading my inability to speak to people over the phone; especially that specific someone is kim yohan.

dismissing seungyoun's sudden skyrocketing god complex, i tap on the green telephone symbol as it leads to dial the other end of the line. at the same time i wait, my heart becomes more and more restless each seconds passing. this is why i don't enjoy phone calls, the wait to get picked up makes me anxious.

"hello?"

my eyes widen, surprised by yohan's voice through the phone. gosh, what was it that i planned to say? calm down, im haerin! you need to calm down!