TWENTY-ONE.

The first battle was Quatro Puppy versus Blue Pegasus. Amazingly, the Blue Pegasus tag team won.

Next was Lamia Scale versus Mermaid Heel. The battle went on for thirty whole minutes before coming to a draw.

And finally, the battle Fuyumi had waited for — Fairy Tail versus Sabertooth. She gripped her knees in anticipation.

"As the cheers so no sign of subsiding, we know you won't even want to blink during this next battle! Just now... the marks of both guilds have begun to fly within the stadium. The guild that was said to be the strongest seven years ago... will settle differences with today's strongest guild!

Fairy Tail's Natsu and Gajeel..."

Fuyumi's eyes widened, watching the two walk into the arena.

"Versus Sting and Rogue from Sabertooth!"

The Twin Dragons swaggered into the arena shortly after the Fire and Iron Dragon Slayers. The roars of the audience overtook the arena, all prepared to watch possibly the best battle of all time.

"I've been waiting for this moment," the toothy smirk she had always loved overtook the White Dragon Slayer's face.

"It's time for the clash! Will the winners be the Tigers... or the Fairies?! We have unleashed four Dragons onto the battlefield!"

Fuyumi swore she could hear Sting's heart thudding in excitement, finally facing the dream he'd had for years now.

As soon as the start of the match was announced, Gajeel and Natsu rushed the Twin Dragons, Gajeel punching Rogue and Natsu swinging an elbow into Sting's face. The blond was clearly not anticipating the speed of Natsu's attack and he stumbled back, though as he tried to regain his balance, Natsu was right back in front of him with a sandal to his chin.

Sting was quick to react, skidding backwards.
"White Dragon's Roar!" a beam of White Magic burst from his mouth, which Natsu narrowly dodged.
"A laser?!" he shouted.

With insane precision, Sting leant and redirected the laser beam to sweep Gajeel off his feet. The Iron Dragon dodged... straight into Rogue's attack.
"Shadow Dragon's Slash!"
"Iron Dragon's Sword!" Gajeel blocked the shadowy attack with one of his own.

Overpowering him, Gajeel sent him flying back towards Natsu, who was still locked in battle with Sting. In one swift movement, Natsu snatched Rogue from the air by his neck like he was a ragdoll.
"Rogue!" Sting yelled, only to be met with Natsu slamming his partner straight into his face.

"Fire Dragon's Wing Attack!" a bloom of flames burst in the arena and Sting and Rogue both went flying.

"Wh-what just happened?! This is Sting and Rogue here! The Twin Dragons, the strongest pair in Fiore, are being pushed back!"

The two were stationary for only a few heartbeats before their bodies were taken in black and white auras respectively.

"This is your divine white punishment!" Sting shrieked, "eat it!"
He slammed a fist cloaked in holy Magic into Natsu's chin — whilst Gajeel was distracted, Rogue did the same, perfectly in sync.

"You can't catch a shadow!" Rogue hissed, flying at Gajeel over and over.

"How did they suddenly get a power-up?" Panther Lily frowned.
"Natsu! Show them what you got!" Happy shouted. Rue remained silent, only staring at the battlefield. Her lip quivered.

"Rue?" Fuyumi turned to her Exceed.
"I hope Gajeel and Natsu crush them," she said.
"Ah..." Fuyumi replied.

She turned her eyes to where the Sabertooth guild was, and saw Lector and Frosch cheering for their partners too. How she wished she could cuddle up with them one last time, before everything went to shit.