15 | the best part of my day is you

there were a few times we were almost caught, but my american accent pulled through and confused everybody in the room. then once the bride and groom spotted us themselves, hand in hand, leo and i raced passed all the guests and ran for the door. between giggles and heaving chests, we ran towards the nearby pier, the moon right in front of us pointing where to go.

we sat down breathless, removing the hat from my head and the heels on my feet. i put them next to me, praying wind wouldn't come our direction and roll them away. no wind ever did.

the surface above my toes was cold to the touch, though i wouldn't have dared to touch it with any part of my body. the weather was cool and fresh; the water was a dark mirror that portrayed a distortion of the full moon and dark horizon.

i felt leo's warmth around my back which came across the arm opposite from him. in response, my head came crashing down into his shoulder, exhaustion rushing through my veins but my eyes not ready to close. i watched in amazement the view in front of me, one i've seen before but different now that i was with him. the stars illuminated the earth and accompanied the moon lonelier than the sun. because even the colors of the moon, at times, were just as beautiful as the colors of the sun.

"you think they're looking for us?" leo's voice echoed through the crisp environment underneath a body of water. i turned my head to see the ceremony and laid my head back to where it was before.

"no." i said. "i think we're good for now."

i felt his head shift to where mine once was, returning it moments after.

"yeah." he breathed. "i think so too."

the air which came out of his mouth was a slightly visible cloud that spread into the atmosphere. i shivered at the sight of it.

taking notice, he took his tux off and draped it around my shoulders, leaving him in his grey long sleeved shirt and a darker grey tie. my chin rested on his own shoulder, my face presenting itself to him with a soft smile.

"thank you." i whispered, slowly leaning myself toward him and kissing his cheek. his head turned my direction and pecked at my lips sweetly. i laughed, a hand moving to his chin carefully so as not to knock off the tuxedo around me.

i loved his eyes—blue, big, and bright. my favorite pastime has become simply staring into them, as i was doing now. while my hand remained on his chin, my eyes gazed into his, and his gazed into mine. our faces were only centimeters apart, enough so that i could see all of what the human eye had to offer, but not so much so i wouldn't get too close.

"this is really nice." leo broke the silence, and i wondered if he meant today was nice or if this whole thing we were doing was nice.

"very nice." i said, because i agreed with both ideas just the same.

i looked out into the distance, one leg crossing the other and swaying back and forth inadvertently. it was a sight for sore eyes. a very good sight, at that.

"what was your favorite part of today?" i asked, as it crossed my mind once and i could hardly pick out one thing from the other. everything was wonderful, so magically mystical. he hummed for a bit, probably thinking about the question i couldn't answer myself. it went on for about five seconds until he thought of something.

"probably the cake." he earned himself a laugh from me, followed by a nudge on his arm. "or it might've been the dancing. i liked the dancing a lot."