Chapter 6

Liam sat with Indigo in her backyard, drinking coffee. Indigo wanted to know what Liam's intentions were with Alora. "I have a little bit of a crush on her, I want to get to know her better. I feel we have a connection." Indigo sat quietly and stared at Liam, "Okay, I might want to do inappropriate things too." Indigo sarcastically responded "That's what I was waiting for. She's only sixteen, you're going to be eighteen. Keep that in mind when you're with her." Liam wanted to know how Indigo got him to talk as much as she did. "Honey, I'm the daughter of Satan, I can do many things you can't. I also know a lot about this town. I know a lot about you." Liam, with fear, tried to run away but tripped on the chair. Liam fell and hit his head, so Indigo put him on the couch till he awoke.

      Alora came downstairs to Liam on the couch. In a panic, Alora ran to Liam's side. Indigo explained, "I think I scared your boyfriend. I asked his intentions, and now we're here." Alora's eye turned black out of anger of what her mother might have done to Liam. Items in the room started being thrown around the room, and flames were starting to erupt. Indigo saw Alora's eyes and said in a panic, "Baby, it's okay. I know it's all new, but we'll get through this. I went through it, too." Alora dropped everything, her eyes got thier color back, and flames stopped. "You knew?" Alora yelled at her mother, joined with "Why didn't you say anything? Prepare me for it! I have no idea what is going on within me!" Indigo kept trying to calm Alora down, but Alora went to her room and slammed the door shut.

      Alora sat in her room, hanging out reading her books, hoping it would calm herself down. She read so many classic novels, she still cried. She listened to music, and she still cried. She tried nature watching, she was still crying.

      Liam woke up after about 5 hours and saw Indigo walking around in a frantic manner. Liam looked around the room and saw the mess. Vases broken, dinner plates shattered, furniture tipped, and burn marks. "I didn't do this, right?" Liam asked. Indigo explained what happened, then broke down, saying, "I'm a bad mom. I'm a horrible, horrible mother." Liam went upstairs to see Alora, but the door was locked. When he went back downstairs, Liam asked, "What is she? Alora is not just a demon. She can't be." Indigo let out a small laugh and said,"Of course she's all demon. She has the flame of hell within her. She is my daughter, we are in the bloodline of Satan." Liam was shocked, and Indigo implied that he should go home.

      Alora snuck out her window and ran to the forest to hide from everyone. While in the woods she cried, asking "When will it be over? What am I?" A bright light appeared in front of Alora, from the light, a man with big white wings stepped forward saying "You are not a mistake. I'm here to help you." Alora panicked asking "Who are you?" The man answered "I am your Guardian Angel. Only you can see me. I will appear when times are hard, or you making poor choices." Alora wondered why a demon, such as herself, got a guardian angel. Alora stayed in the forest until night fall. When she started to head home, Alora heard howling. Alora ran to the closest place that looked like a good hiding place. Alora tripped and sprang her ankle, leaving her unable to run.
As Alora laid there in fear, she saw a hairy beast sniffing around, howling, growling. The beast picked up on Alora sent, started running at her. Alora was scared and tried dragging herself away the best she could, but it was no use. The beast got closer to Alora, when a bright light appeared between Alora and the beast saying "You can't touch her." It was Alora's guardian angel causing the beast to fall and turn to a human. Alora slowly got up and went to see who the beast was. There was Nyx, laying naked in the forest, cold, confused of her surroundings. Alora comforted Nyx, and took her home. Nyx wanted Alora to spend the night with her, for she was to scared to be alone. Alora agreed to spend the night with Nyx, and keep an eye on her.

      The next morning, the girls went to the a cute little Cafe for breakfast. Alora was unsure as to if she should bring up what happened, but Nyx volunteered the information to her saying "I was bit about a month ago, I'm still trying to understand what it is. No one knows, no one except you. You can not tell anyone." Alora promised not tell another living soul. The girls had a delicious breakfast, then went to school.

      Alora ran to see if she made it on the volleyball team, and on the list. Alora was the opposite hitter. Alora was ecstatic she made it on the team.