Chapter 7

30 minutes before bell for the dismissal. I was just sketching my performance task that is to be pass tomorrow. I was busy playing a good role as an officer the past few days, that's why I wasn't able to finish this. I needed to start drawing already cause I can't go home early since I would have to help him with his schoolwork. I remember how his friend Wyatt had notice Eya's acting earlier. I think he knows now that I like his friend, but Eya told me to have no worries. She did something in order for him not to tell his friend. He also said things about him earlier. That he would ace all subjects, but barely in science. He said he is the only 'With Highest Honor' in their class. Ugh! I am so annoyed by how he just boost my feelings for the guy. Now I feel like I like him more. Academic achievers would always get my attention and all.

The bell rang at exactly 4:10 pm. I was putting my stuff in my bag when Reena walked towards me.

"Maia, gutom ako." Reena stated. "Kain tayo after nito?"

I still have 50 minutes before 5pm. So I agreed. Eya told us that she has a date, she can't come with us.

"Reena, what are we gonna eat ba? I think I like shawarma right now." We walked with our arms crossed together. "I also want ice cream" I pointed at the vendor who sells Ice cream while he's ringing his bell.

"Ok, let's buy shawarma. Pero kumakain ka ba ng dirty icecream?"

"D-dirty icecream?" My brows furrowed, confused. "Who would sell 'dirty icecream'?"

Reena laughed so loud that people passing by would look at us. "Hindi naman literal na 'Dirty Icecream', I mean sino bang may gustong bumili ng icecream na alam nilang madumi?" She laughed again

"Then why dirty Icecream?" I crossed my arms and raised a brow.

"I also don't know. Ganyan lang talaga ang tawag. Pero hindi siya marumi, just cheap ingredients. Pati masarap yan, paborito namin ni Eya, try mo." She said.

We ate our Ice cream while still walking to buy shawarma in Turks.

"I want all meat" I told Reena who's ordering for us.

"You're so unhealty. Pero ang sexy mo parin." she replied.

We were both sitting at the bench inside the school. She asked me why should we go back inside the campus again and I told her why. I also told her what happened yesterday, the whole thing. Including the 'crush thing'.

"Ang demanding naman nya." Reena said while chewing. "Pero okay lang, pogi naman." She laughed.

"I wanted to apologize, that's why I agreed."

"Gusto mo lang siya makasama eh." She teasingly smiled.

"Shut up Reena." Ummm maybe?

Minutes had gone by. "Hello?" Reena received a phone call. "Ah okay manong papunta na po." Reena ended the call. "Una na ba ko?" Reena asked with a worried look.

"Yeah sure" I smiled, to assure her that it's okay for her to go.

I was walking to the library when I saw him. He was reading a science book, looking so annoyed. As always. But... seeing him for long time, he's so... surreal. The glasses he is wearing just compliments his looks more, especially his pointed nose.

"Hi." I greeted him with a smile. Oh self, act formal, don't let him know you're into him.

He left out a heavy sigh "Hey" He greeted.

"So?"

"These, I can't understand." He said sliding the book to me.

I nodded my head and started scanning the the sentences and photos. The topic was taught to us in my third year in America. I explained to him and he just listened and would give a slight nod every time he get what I mean. I made sure to miss no details and share him my stock knowledge.