Chapter 12

They all nodded their head like they knew what they're doing right now is not right. I didn't had my fucking time to prepare a song for this. I haven't even did at least one practice. Cause obviously, I was literally clueless. At this moment, I don't know what to think of. My head's so full. I was busy serving as a Campus's secretary, I forgot about these. Why did they had to pick an irresponsible representative? Urgh!

I sighed heavily. I looked at their face one by one, they were hoping for my approval.

"Fine. Let's do it fast, or we'll get disqualified." I saw how their faces bright up. Like I just gave light to it.

Like I said, I wasn't prepared for this. So It's a doubt for us to win. Nevertheless, at least we showed up and tried. Regardless of my unprepared self, I still have songs that I memorize. But I can't promise about being masterized.

It was like one snap when we were already waiting for our number to be called and perform on the stage. We sat in the front row seat, since it is where the contestants at. Lexi is being my assistant. I asked her to stop doing things for me. But he didn't listen. I know how much benefits it will be for the section if they win this, so they looked very determined of winning.

This will be my first contest here in the Philippines. My last contest was way back then. In American, where my old school is. Andd... It didn't turn out so good.

That's why sitting here, knowing that I'm just waiting for my name to be called to perform in front of this crowded people, make me feel so nervous. My hand are trembling, I could feel it.

As I wait, I received a message from IG.

chestnutdrake
: I was just not around for 10 minutes and you are missing already. Come back to work.

I was feeling my nervousness when this man texted. So I want to irritate him so bad. Tease him until a bomb clicks. That's my goal in order to reduce this stress.

zammycakes07
: Aww. Miss me already?

Now that would make him feel annoyed.

I waited for his response, but he just left it on read. I smiled at myself as I knew I successfully annoyed him.

I just kept my phone when the first contestant were already called to sing. Then followed by the others. I just observed every contestant. How they breathe, or if they did flat or sharp mistakes. But so far, only one did.

I clappped for the contestant as she finished her song so well. But my hands seemed to froze when I heard my name called. Goosebumps were all over me while I make my steps in the stairs. When I reached the floor in the stage, I slowly walked. Until the microphone was in front of me.

"I can do this..." Talking to myself, and sighed heavily. I faced the crowd. I hoping to see them not giving attention at all. But it seems like they were all focused. I looked at my classmates, they were cheering me. At least someone believes in me. They look like they are expecting something from me.

I cleared my throat, and started to sing, finally.

"And when I hold you in my arms I promise you
You're gonna feel a love that's beautiful and new
This time I'll love you even better than I ever did before
And you'll be in my heart forevermore"

I closed my eyes, feeling the song. Like I'm a music that protects their ears from the other loud noises. Like I'm telling a story of which something I didn't experience but... I told them with so much feelings that as if I felt it.

"And now we're starting over again
It's not the easiest thing to do
I'm feeling inside again
'Cause every time I look at you..."

I looked at the crowd, telling myself that their just my friends who wants to hear me sing a song. I saw some people who looked proud, and some who looked like they were judging me. In order to comfort myself and feel better... I had to look at the people who seemed impressed, who believed in me. Until my eyes met his. Those chocolate endearing brown eyes were staring at me like... like he adores me.

"This time we'll love all the pain away
Welcome home, my lover and friend
We are starting over, over again" I finished the song.

I bowed my head a little and smiled a little. I looked for him again but he wasn't there anymore.

I heard some screamed from enjoyment. "Galing mo Maia, na kaka proud!" Says Mika.

"Yeah, your voice is stunning." Another compliment from my other classmate.

They all started to show their appreciation and gave compliments non stop. I thanked them and told them that I need to head Bach to the booths cause I know how busy we are. But as I walked, I saw Katy clapping her hands with a proud smile near the exit.

"You were so amazing. Is there anything you can't do?" She said.

"Thanks Pres. And trust me, there's a lot of things I can't do."

We both just laughed and decided to go back to the booths together. Some of my classmates wants me to stay still and wait for the announcement. But it's not like I'm expecting anything. I just did my job as a classmate. And it was in order to not put stain on our section's name. I just told them to update me just so they'd stop holding me.

I reached the the wedding booth, to where I was assigned. But I don't see any sign of Drake. Martin was talking with the customers. And good thing other officers were helping me.

"Katy, you didn't have to go there. There's no one taking over here." I told her.

"C'mon Maia, we should show our support to evwryone here on the team. And besides, I would regret it so badly If I knew I missed to witness that stunning voice of yours." She smiled. "Chin up, and be confident of yourself." She tapped my shoulders.

Our day ended when It was time to go home.

"Martin, where's the extra basket for the money?" I asked.

"Na kela Wyatt, sa horror booth."

I made my way to the horror booth, and yup... it was there inside the curtains. I went to Wyatt to tell but I saw another familiar face. So he was here all along? Why didn't he came back to our booth.

"Good evening Mr. Vice President." I gave him a sarcastic smile. "What made you come here instead of going back in our booth and help?"

He looked shock by my presence... but he tried to still act cool and unbothered.

"They needed help about something." He answered.

"Talaga?" Wyatt asked, looking confused. I saw how he gave him that stare and suddenly Wyatt acted like he came back to his senses. "Ah oo nga pala, nagpatulong ako sa paghanap kanina. May na misplace ako"

What a dumb excuse. Still, I tried to act cool also.

"Really? You asked the Vice President to look for something you lost because of how careless you were?" I raised a brow. "Him, of all people?"

"Oo... Bakit miss mo na siya?" He smirked.

"Ofc not. Malamang, we're both in charge without the wedding booth. So I didn't expect-" I stopped talking when Wyatt didn't stopped smirking while rasing his brows, teasing me.

"Whatever... I don't owe you an explanation." I stuttered.

"If you say so..." He acted not convinced.

"Oh pano... tapos na ko mag pack. Maiwan ko na kayo." Wyatt said, hiding his smile."

And we were both left, standing awkwardly in front of one another.

"""""""""
I'll publish Chapter 13 on Aug 3-4. Stay updated babes!