Chapter 9

"Are you okay?" I asked, acting like i don't know it was faked.

I saw how his eyes were seemed shock. Like he was surprise by my sudden question. I thought he'd answer me but he just turned his head on the opposite side.

"Andito na mga Anteh." I saw Eya wearing the veil. "Try mo Yamyam" She arranged my hair, and put on the veil on my hair gently. "Ganda shet, parang Ms. Universe."

"They don't wear veils there Eya." Martin commented.

"Yung sa costume na, ano ka ba." She rolled her eyes on martin.

"Hala try daw natin yung booth booth na 'to. Hali ka sa red carpet Yamyam, pati ikaw Marts dali." She grabbed our hands in the center. "Ayan, omg" She laughed.

I didn't know why Eya kept doing this to me, making me try everything she could think of. I heard the teases from the other officers who is just meters away from us. I saw him rolling his eyes, I don't know where.

"Pero alam mo, parang di bagay." She searched her eyes for someone and then I saw how her eyes landed on him. No. She smirked and walked towards him without any doubt. I can't believe she pushed chester from his back. She quickly got Martin out the carpet and replaced him by this man. "Ahuh, perfect."

The teases from the from the other officers got louder.

"Ikaw pre ah, kaya pala ayaw mong magpareto sa iba"

"Ang cute nila. Omg galing mo Eya." Qelly, one of the representatives, said, while showing her thumbs up.

"You know what, I think there's kulang with the posture. Brides and grooms never marry without facing one another." Pres katy teased as she laughed so hard. "C'mon it's just for a testing. A testing if this booth really shows chemistry."

"Say cheese" A flash appeared. I saw our Digital manager holding his cam, wearing a wide smile.

Before I could argue, I saw him walking away.

"Oh come on Drake" Pres katy called him while laughing.

Our day ended, and we got to finish 3 booths. It is now quarter to 7 and I still see myself at the waiting shed, waiting for my driver.

I sighed heavily as I watched water starting to pour from above

"Shit" The man cursed as he walked towards the shed. "Oh, man" He talked to him self. He tried to get rid of the water poured on hi shoulders. He seaeched for something when his eyes landed on me. I quickly recognized him when I saw his face, Matheo. He turned his gaze away and swallowed. I remember how this kept bothering in the seaside before. Now, he can't even look at me. Seeing his face, the furious looks he gave me when he have mistaken me for someone else makes me think that he has this other side of him. The exact opposite of him being jolly.

*Peep* I heard. Manong Lito's here, but he cannot stop in front of me, there are other cars ahead, also doing sundo. So, I have to walk out of the roof with the rain pouring. Walking, I felt someone tapped my shoulder gently. It was him. I looked at him with a questioning look.

He left a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry to that day. I thought you were... somebody else." He looked at me. He looked apologetic. "I'm sorry for grabbing you harshly, and holding you that tight.

I swallowed.."It's okay. I do that sometimes too... I just don't hold them tight" I said, almost a whisper.

"I'm really sorry Ms. Secretary. I promise I'II make it up to you." He smiled a little. "Here, you can borrow my umbrella" He offered.

Looking at him, he seem to be sincere. So I just took the umbrella and thanked him in a kind way.

"See you around" Is what I heard from him before I completely got myself inside the car.

---------

"Ewan ko sayo, dami mong ebas" Eya pouted angrily, looking at Rocky.

"Eh, totoo nga kasi may pinuntahan talaga ako." Rocky answered.

"Uy ang aga aga ano nanaman ba yan" Reena asked, looking so sick of them.

Eya rolled her eyes, looking so irritated. "Kasi naman, sana sinabi mo." She walked out.

"Ano meron?" I asked Rocky.

"Hindi ko alam na nag antay pala siya sakin kagabi para magpasundo, akala ko umuwi na siya kaya may iba na kong pinuntahang lakad"

"Why would you think na umuwi na siya?" Reena asked.

"Sabi niya kasi 'Ang tagal, bahala ka na nga uuwi na talaga ako'. Tapos wala ng ibang sinabi, hanggang sa nasa daan nako papuntang ibang lakad. nagtext ulit ng 'Gago Rocku asan ka na!!!' " Rocky explained.

"Well you two really.need to talk that over. But let her get rid of the emotions first. Don't bother her yet."

"Oo. For sure, lalala yan if hindi mo muna siyang hayaan maka get over ng onti." Reena followed.

"Uy Maia, may naghahanap sayo." Said by our Classroom Pres.

My brows furrowed. I can't remember anyone saying that they'd come here to meet me. Maybe just Pres Katy.

"Omg dalian mo Maia, ang pogi!" My girl classmate shouted.

I walked towards the door, and there I saw Chester, holding roses in his hands. Our eyes met, and his facial expression changed right away.