Chapter 14

I was Shock to see this other side of him. I just observed as he made an excuse.

"I am his Schoolmate po, Chester Drake Reyes." He formally introduced with so much respect in his tone.

Mom showed a sweet smile. "It's okay dear. Magpaalam kayo next time ha." My mom looked at me. "I was so worried. But what matter is you're here na." She looked at drake again. "Have a dinner here na iho. And... thank you for bringing her bad safely."

Drake just smiled. "It's okay Tita, My parents is probably looking for me now. I appreciate your offer so much. And I'm sorry, once again."

Mom looked at Drake like he was so adorable. "Okay, but please do join us next time. Just my way of saying thank you"

Drake looked at me. Like he was waiting for my reaction. "Sure po."

When Drake left, my mom didn't hesitate to tease me non stop. Asking where I met him, what was he like, and... if he's courting me! Of course I denied as fast as I could. I mean... I like him before. And obviously, it's not mutual.

Laying in my bed, feeling so awake. I grabbed my phone to start scrolling on IG. Since I want him to be annoyed, I messaged him.

zammycakes07
:You were a total different person in front of my mom earlier. You're so good at acting huh.

I saw him just read my message without replying. I don't like to wait, so I just forgot that I messaged him and started reading a book. Until my phone vibrated.

chesnutdrake
:Wdym? That's totally me.

zammycakes07
:c'mon, we both know the real u.

chesnutdrake
:You do?

zammycakes
:I mean, not that much but...

: Whatever

:Oh, btw

It took him minutes to reply.

chesnutdrake
:Whut?

zammycakes07
: If you want...

:U can come to my birthday party.

:But you don't have to, if you don't want to.

chesnutdrake
:You really want to see me that much huh?

zammycakes07
:Iww. Don't come if you dont want to. It's optional, duh.

chesnutdrake
:hahaha:))

What was that? Did he just laughed at me, inviting him? Fine, it seems like he doesn't want to. I won't bother asking again like duh, this is me. I don't chase people.

Haha. Jokes on me.

----------------

"Eya, I just forgot to tell you. I was planning to naman eh."

"Kahit na Yamyam, tampo parin ako. Hmmp" She acted cute as she crossed her arms together.

"Huy, ginagawa mo." Rocky pushed her whole face with his hand gently.

Eya just burst out laughing.

"Congrats Maia, blow out naman jan." Reena tapped my shoulders, trying to gaslight me.

"Congrats, Yamyam namin. Hindi na ko na surprise eh."

"Congrats mhie." Rocky greeted me.

"Guys, let's start." Pres Katy called us.

"We're gonna open now guys. You should visit our booth, I never saw you yesterday." I told Reena and Rocky.

"Absent ako eh, nagsabi ako sa GC noh." Rocky defended himself.

Reena just gave me her smile as a response. She didn't say anything about it and just bid her goodbye together with Rocky.

We opened the wedding booth after setting up some stuffs and new designs. Since Eya is here now, it will be easier for us to do these works. Especially she's pretty popular. she has so many friends here. So people will prolly just come here for her.

Minutes passed, Martin and Drake arrived. Eya is assigned to entertain the costumers, Martin is in the fake wedding venue, Drake takes care of the money, and I am assigned to write names.

"Hi, Good morning! I'd like to marry someone please"  As soon as I took a glance on her face, I immediately recognized her. Isn't she Lashes girl?

I smiled to not sound rude. "Ugh, hello. Sorry, but you need to bring your groom here."

"Oh! About that..." She smirked. "I don't need to bring my groom... cause he's already here." She said, looking at Drake like a thirsty kid.

I looked at Drake, but he didn't look like hi give any fuck. He wss just arranging and counting money, like no one's here.

Lashes girl cleared her throat and left out a fake laugh to get noticed. And that's when he looked at her with his furrowed eyebrows. Like he's disturbed from what he was doing.
As soon as h saw her, he just came back to what he was doing. He started counting the money and left out a 'tsk'.

She laughed sarcastically. Looking embarrassed. "Anyways, I'd like him to be my Groom." She smiled.

"Umm... I'm really sorry but..." I was about to say that us, officers, who is in charge, aren't allowed to be involved with their activities. Especially this Wedding booth, cause that's pretty disturbing for us. But she cut me off from finishing.

"Uh... heller? Are you deaf or what? I said I am going to marry today and he's going to be my groom." She said, yelling, pointing at Drake.

I sighed heavily. I tried... I tried to understand this girl. I looked at Drake whose now giving her a death stare. "Okay, sorry... but are you somewhat crazy? You're literally making a scene right now. And for what? Just to have a fake marriage with a guy who doesn't give a damn about your existence?" I answered, trying to act calm.

She pointed at herself, giving a sarcastic smile. Like she's shocked that I answered all her craziness.

"E-excuse? Is this how you treat a customer-"

"Oh, don't you use that as an excuse to your disrespectful act." Drake told her with a poker and annoyed face.

"Drake! She just oboviously dislike me cause we have a connectio-" She was cut off again.

"And besides, we treat customers depending on how they treat us. You clearly yelled out of nowhere and started to act so delusional. Respect begets respect. Your dicourteous behavior deserves an impolite response. Now leave." He said, looking so calm.

The girl stamped her feet on the ground as she started walking away.

"She really can't live a day without being a bitch." Katy said.

The day ended but what happened earlier is still stock on my head. That girl was so... delulu. But maybe she just like him that much. She just don't know how to properly show him her feelings.

I sat at the bench to wait for Eya, she is taking number 2 in the bathroom. That's what she said.

I was smiling as look at the stars from the
sky. I really appreciate the stars and the moon. They give brightness to this dark night, and to me.

I tried to touch the moon with my right hand and closed my left eye. It feels like I'm close to it.

I was enjoying my scenery above when I heard someone cleared a throat.

I saw the guy who suddenly made my heartbeat fast. Even at night, he's good features is still so visible.

"Uhh... if you want, I can drop you off. We're heading on the same direction anyways." He offered, but kept looking away from me.

"Really? I'm with Eya, is that okay?" I smiled. I mean, I wouldn't have to book a grab na.

He nodded his head and started walking. "M-make it fast. I'll wait there." He stuttered.

""""""""""
Hey babes! Sorry for the delay of chap 14. I was dealing with some unforeseen circumstances. I'll publish Chapter 15 on Aug 6-7, maybe. Starting that day. I won't be able to publish chapters daily. Maybe just weekly or I don't know, cause my class starts on Aug 7. Just stay updated, hehe.