Chapter Ten: Rako Hardeen

Amu (amu - mom), buir (buir - dad), Luke, Chase, and I are coming back to the apartments with tears flowing freely between my brothers and I. Amu (amu - mom) isn't crying, but she seems upset. Buir (buir - dad) is upset too. When we get back to the apartment, amu (amu - mom) asks us to take a seat on the couch.

Amu (amu - mom) and buir (buir - dad) sit down across from us. Amu (amu - mom) takes a breath, and looks the three of us in the eye.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you three before, but... Obi-Wan isn't really dead. He's gone undercover."

The three of us only stare at her.

"What?" we all ask together.

Amu (amu - mom) sighs, and looks down, before meeting our eyes again.

"Count Dooku is conspiring with a man named Moralo Eval to kill the Chancellor. Obi-Wan was sent undercover as bounty hunter Rako Hardeen. In order to do so, faking his death was the only course of action we could take. I'm so-"

Luke interrupts her and says, "It's okay, amu (amu - mom). I mean, it stings a little that we were lied to like that, but I think I speak for all three of us when I say that we understand why it had to be done."

Chase and I nod our agreement. And amu (amu - mom) smiles weakly at us.

"I'm still sorry. It wasn't right that we had to lie to you three like that."

I use my bonds with Luke and Chase to send over my thoughts. Amu (amu - mom) needs a hug. They agree, so we all stand up together, and walk over to the couch that amu (amu - mom) and buir (buir - dad) are sitting on. The three of us wrap amu (amu - mom) up in a hug.

After dinner, which buir (buir - dad) and I cook, the five of us curl up in amu (amu - mom) and buir's (buir's - dad's) bed. Amu (amu - mom) still feels bad about having to lie to Luke, Chase, and I since the last big lie we were told... well, when it came out as a lie, it... it pretty much destroyed our lives for a while.

*Time Skip*

A few days after amu (amu - mom) told Luke, Chase, and I about the fact that ba'vodu (ba'vodu - uncle) Obi-Wan isn't dead, she, buir (buir - dad), and I, along with Master Plo and Ahsoka, have been summoned to the briefing room. The entire Jedi Council, excluding ba'vodu (ba'vodu - uncle) Obi-Wan, of course, is here.

"As you can see," Master Windu says as a line travels through the city of Theed, "we've mapped the Chancellor's route to and from the festival stage. We know where he'll be at every moment from the time we land on Naboo."

"What security measures are in place?" Master Plo asks.

The holoprojection changes to the Theed plalace. Master Windu says, "The Naboo Royal Guard will have armed sentries at all entry points on the palace. And the stage itself will be sealed off by a ray shield for the duration of the event."

"I see nothing here to worry much about then," I say.

"With complacency comes vulnerability. Yes. It is what we do not see that concerns me. A long time to plan his attack, Count Dooku has."

"Yes. We thought we'd have an advantage with Obi-Wan on the inside," Master Windu says, "but we've had no communication from him in days."

"If I know my brother at all, I know he will do his part. We just have to make sure we do ours perfectly."