𝖤𝖫𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┓
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟏, 𝐁𝐄𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

That mantra looped in my head as I reluctantly peeled my eyes open, only to find the figure now closing in on me.

I was screwed, stuck in the middle of nowhere, facing certain death. And yet, I still made a feeble attempt to escape. Struggling against the pressure bearing down on my head, I clawed at the car door, but it refused to budge. I was trapped, pinned beneath the overturned vehicle, my heart racing faster than a cheetah on Red Bull.

As the figure drew nearer, my panic peaked, until suddenly, in a blur of motion, it vanished, replaced by another familiar face that made me jump and let out a scream.

"You seem a bit stuck there," Damon remarked, eyeing me.

I was wedged between the seat and the windshield, gasping for air. "No shi-- Sherlock," I managed to choke out. "Please, just help me out of here."

"Why should I help you? You were pretty damn rude to me earlier, not to mention tossing me around like a ragdoll. Still stings," Damon shot back, a wicked grin stretching across his face.

If I weren't pinned under a car, I'd have gladly tossed him into orbit again. Seriously, now he decides to bring up old grudges when I'm on the brink of death?

I attempted to steady my frantic heartbeat. "Damon, listen..." I started, interrupted by a fit of coughing. "..if I died like this, you'll have my ghost breathing down your neck for all eternity."

"Oh, I'm shaking in my boots," he quipped sarcastically.

"What do you want me to say... plea--please?" I managed, coughing again. "Please, just help me."

"Fine, I'll help you. Put your hands on the roof," he instructed. I complied, placing my hands as he directed. "Just like that."

"Ready? On three," he declared, then effortlessly broke open the door, scooping me up in his arms.

"Are you alright?" he inquired, holding me securely.

I struggled to respond, my vision swimming as a wave of dizziness hit me. Fighting to stay conscious, I managed to mumble a reply. But before I could utter another word, darkness swept over me, and everything faded to black.

_____

The thump of music invaded my ears, coaxing me to crack open my eyes, greeted by a pounding headache and aching limbs.

As my vision cleared, the grim reality hit me—I was still in the damn car.

I groaned inwardly at the sight before me—Damon Salvatore, naturally, sporting his trademark smirk.

Running a hand through my hair, I tried to piece together the events of the night.

I was heading to the lakehouse.
I hit some dude, wrecking my ride. Then, I was trapped.
The dude...
And then he swooped in and saved me.

It all clicked. Of course Damon saved me.

"Where are we?" I peered out the window, scanning the unfamiliar surroundings.