𝖥𝖨𝖥𝖳𝖸 𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┓
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟑, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

IT WAS just a coffin. One lonely, nameless coffin, all polished and brown. I tried to open it, but no luck. Magic. I could feel the magic---it was sealed shut. I looked around at my empty surroundings and the empty blue sky. There was nothing but me and this annoyingly mysterious coffin in front of me.

Another dream. Same another dream. And not just any dream---a cryptic one involving coffins. I pressed my fingers against the lock, determined to open it. I closed my eyes, focusing, trying to channel my powers, feeling them buzz inside me until I heard a creak. One wooden creak, and my eyes flew open.

My heart pounded in my ears as I saw a blonde woman inside, her eyes closed. I frowned, but then she gasped loudly, her eyes snapping open.

"Find me."

Back to reality. The clicking of my laptop's keys jolted me back, and there was Damon, looming over my shoulder, hitting send on my college application to Whitmore.

"Getting back to college, huh?" Damon smirked, casually sliding into the booth across from me.

I finally adjusted to the cacophony of Mystic Grill---the clatter, the chatter, and the unmistakable aroma of fries. I glanced up at the elder Salvatore from my laptop screen and blinked again. "Yeah," I replied dryly. "What are you doing here?"

"You and I are long overdue for a chat," Damon said smoothly, already waving the bartender over for his bourbon.

I frowned, seeing exactly where this was headed. "Please don't start with what happened at homecoming," I groaned.

"You betrayed us by saving the hybrid's ass," Damon stated matter-of-factly, as if he were reciting the weather forecast. "You and my brother both, actually."

I rolled my eyes so hard I almost saw my brain. The audacity. "I did my best to resist the bond, okay? But it was like trying to resist a compulsion---I couldn't stop myself. And then, of course, you know the rest," I sighed dramatically. "Besides, did you guys bother to clue me into the plan? No. Maybe if you had, I could've found a way to keep the bond from screwing everything up."

This time, Damon rolled his eyes so dramatically, I half-expected them to pop out and roll across the floor. "You buddies with the hybrid now?"

I scoffed at the absurdity of being friends with Klaus, which also reminded me of what happened at the porch at the homecoming night. "Never," I declared. "I hate him. This annoying bond keeps buzzing in my head to protect him, but it doesn't change how I feel about him."

Damon sipped his bourbon like he had all the time in the world. "Won't be long before he gets under your skin."

He already has, several times over. I bit my tongue to keep from letting those words slip out. Ignoring his comment, I focused on my laptop screen. "Actually, I'm kind of busy. Can't you annoy me later?" I said, eyes fixed on the screen.

"Offended, huh?" Damon teased.

I sighed, trying to concentrate. "If you don't shut up, I'll cut your tongue and dip it in your bourbon." I retorted, cringing inwardly at my own words. Where did that come from? I don't usually threaten like that.

"And now you're speaking his language too," the elder Salvatore remarked dryly.

"Why don't you just go away? Don't you have someone else to bother?" I shot back.