CH-44 orochimaru's test

Tokiwa and Shizuka; trip back to village ~

Shizuka was now walking back to her own village with a very small smile on her face. After all not only did she not get stuck with having to marry a complete stranger but she also had some time before she had to commit to said marriage. Which was even better than the best scenario she imagined.

"..Shizuka-san you do realize that even though you may have managed to get away with not taking him home there will still be a lot of problems to deal with when we reach the village." Tokiwa told the girl honestly.

"What do you mean? We did exactly what the village laws required me to do."

"Yes you did…but you were also supposed to bring him back to the which you didn't do; and before you start the argument the 'argument' that your husband has several holes that will have to be dealt with. So, in other words the council will be figuring out the best course of action for this…something that will require you to be present for the entire time." Tokiwa told the girl who grimaced at what she meant.

"So, in other words I am going to have to spend hours listening to the council argue and try and decide stuff for me." She realized with a groan. "Why can't I just get rid of the council?…at least the old council who are WAY too stuck in the old ways of the village." Shizuka complained.

*sigh* "Like I told you last time you asked they simply have too much sway with the village's people. So while technically you could get rid of them due to you being the leader. If you did so they could and more than likely would rally up a good portion of the village to cause a rebellion at worse or chaos at best…so while you may not like them it is better in the long run to just have to face them rather than a section of the village.

*sigh* "Why does politics have to be so complex." She complained but still continued on now determined to get the best plan she could without causing a rebellion. "I may have a LOT of work to do I have a least a decent amount of time to grieve..and to be honest even if there is no way for me to stop the marriage there is FAR worse people to spend my life with." She thought seeing as she was well aware of just how kind and caring her friend is.

~Konoha; Hokage office~

Tsunade was currently looking through a report with a frown firmly stuck to her face.

"Kami damn it. First Jiraiya manages to mess with Naruto and me with something that will surely be a political mess for weeks on end. Now I get this find from a patrol that shows that my other ex-teamate has left me problems as well. Grr, why is it that recently all of my problems have been caused by the two idiots I had to deal with for years on end?" Tsunade thought angrily before slamming the scroll down onto her desk.

"Someone get me Tenzo…and some good sake!" She yelled to seemingly no one; though if someone was to focus closely they would notice a brief blur. A few minutes later Tenzo came into her office carrying a bottle of what oculd only be assumed to be sake.

"You asked for me Lady Tsunade?" He asked her kindly.

"Yes, but first hand me the sake." She ordered while holding her hand out for the bottle. Tenzo quickly gave her the bottle and stood there watching as she took several big gulps of the alcohol.

"I will never be able to imagine just how much sake you have to drink before you can literally drink strong sake like it is water while seemingly not even getting a buzz." Tenzo thought as he watched his leader.