Chapter 18: Earth always prevails [part 2]

Maybe I had been too hard on her, but I didn't regret it.

I was done playing nice.

I had to start getting used to the idea that I was becoming more and more powerful. I could no longer pretend to be the same, I had to accept who I was and what my destiny was. And if that meant showing it to others, I would do it without hesitation.

'You must untie me, otherwise I won't be able to do anything you want,' she said rolling her eyes.

'You can talk from there,' I replied crossing my arms.

Her face of outrage reminded me of when my sister wouldn't get the fabrics she wanted.

Mena.

Three weeks.

It had been three weeks without me.

What would have happened to her, to everyone?

Caelus.

'Hurry up,' I urged her.

'Fine,' she said with a frown. 'Reah,' she called to one of the fairies behind me, 'tell her retinue that their precious Queen is back.'

I didn't turn around to see Reah's expression, but I could imagine it. I was humiliating her Queen right under her nose. It must not have been a great image for me but I didn't care. She had humiliated me too, dragged me across the floors, called me a traitor and imprisoned my...

'Take me to where he is,' I demanded.

'I can't move, remember?'

I had to release her, though I wasn't sure how.

I knew I wanted to keep her that way, but how to undo the magic... I wasn't sure how it worked. Fire was easy to extinguish, water was easy to dry, but earth... I had no idea.

'It has to do with your emotions, if you stay angry with me, you will never untie me. You must calm down and let me go,' Julyana told me, with no intention of doing so, but no choice. 'Our magic is different from the rest, earth magic is not guided by incantations or words, it is simply felt.'

Without wanting to show her that I was listening to her, I thought to myself that what I wanted more at this moment, more than to teach her a lesson, was for her to take me to Caelus.

Earth.

I must free her, to save my love.

Earth.

The wood snapped back into place, releasing her from her bonds.

'Much better,' she exclaimed, caressing her wrists.

'If you try anything, you will regret it,' I warned her before she stood up.

'I'm aware that my Goddess gave you our power, and also that you don't know how to use it at all, which makes you more dangerous. I may be... what did you call me? A whiny, insolent Queen. Yes, perhaps I am, but I am no fool.'

She stood up, her shoelaces wrapped around her legs, her dress floating free.

'Are you going to follow me or what?' she asked in a mocking tone.

'Don't push me,' I replied and let her lead the way. 'Where is he?' I asked as I started walking to the left.

'In the dungeon, of course.'

Caelus locked in a dungeon?

No, it was the worst thing they could have done to him.

That time we spent in Eurus, when we were taken prisoner by the Rajikarus, he could hardly stand being locked up.