Chapter 27: A new beginning [part 2]

We agreed to meet near a big tree in the woods.

Polar was standing right in front of it, he had also changed.

We told Aurora and Galaga, who joined Caelus, right next to him.

And after helping me change, after hugging me enough, Mena walked me across the aisle to the tree, this time knowing that I was sure to make it to the end of that walk.

There, Caelus was waiting for me, more excited than he likes to admit. He looked very handsome, with a fancy suit, and a smile on his face that made me feel more than loved.

 He looked very handsome, with a fancy suit, and a smile on his face that made me feel more than loved

'You look beautiful,' he whispered to me as I stood next to him.

'Friends,' Polar said and I felt happiness fill my heart. 'We gather today to join in holy matrimony, in front of all the Gods and our friends and family who stand with them, Gaia and Caelus. The marriage union is sacred and unbreakable, blessed by the Goddess Terra, patroness of love. When joined by thread, you can never be separated. Your souls will be united beyond your lifetime, and you will be reunited in death and continue your eternal rest together with the Gods. If there is anyone present who opposes this union, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.'

I don't think I object to you getting married this time.

It made me laugh. I was grateful that this power had not been lost. I don't think it had to do with the shadows, but with our own soulmate connection.

'No one objected to this union in front of the Gods. Now the bride and groom will say their vows to each other, the promises to be kept in the name of the Gods during their union. Hold hands and we will begin the creation of the red thread.'

 Caelus held my hands carefully, as if he was still nervous to feel my pulse close to his

Caelus held my hands carefully, as if he was still nervous to feel my pulse close to his. Magic began to float between our hands, as we began to pledge to each other the love we already felt forever.

'Gaia, my beautiful Gaia, my Queen, my heart. I always thought that love would not be a part of my life, that I would always live alongside hate and loneliness, but seeing you, seeing you so magical, so amazing, I realise that I have been blessed. I promise never to let you forget the love I feel for you. I promise to always protect you with all my body and soul. I promise to always be by your side as you need me, always as your companion, your friend, your love. I promise to love you beyond this life.'