Chapter 5

MONTE-CARLO, MONACO

The pre season testing in Monaco soon finished and the drivers had a couple of weeks off before the first race of the season. Jessica was laid in bed in her luxurious apartment when her phone rang, waking her from her deep slumber. Groaning, Jess rolled over and grabbed her phone to answer the call, not looking to see who it was.

"What?" she asks, answering the phone in a sleepy voice. "Morning Jess. Did I wake you?" a dutch accent answers from the other end. "Yes. Now, what?" Jess asks again, rubbing her eye. "Have you even clogged who's phoning you?" the caller asks. "Not yet because I'm not awake. Give me a moment." Jess responds, moving the phone from her ear to look at the caller ID. "Max" is the name she read when she looks at who's phoning her.

"Max, it's 9.30 in the morning. Why are you calling me so early?" Jessica asks, with a groan. "Exactly. It is 9.30 but it's not early. We're going out today." Max simply says. "Who's we?" Jessica asks, propping herself up in bed. "Me, you, Pierre, Lando, Charles, Carlos and Alex. To name a few. There's going to be a lot of us. I've rented a yacht and we're having an all day celebration before the season begins." Max explains as Jessica groans. "Is there going to be alcohol?" she asks, knowing that now she has been woken up, rudely can we add, she'll need a good few drinks. "Yes." Max simply responds. "Well, even if I said no, looks like I was being dragged anyway. So, I'm in." Jessica says. "Good. I'm picking you up in two hours." Max says before hanging up.

Jessica puts her phone back on her bedside stand and sits up in bed. The brit releases a deep breathe before getting out of bed, grabbing a scrunchie and tidying her hair into a messy bun as she heads into her en-suite bathroom to wash her face. Once her face was washed, Jessica changes into some shorts and crop top accompanied by some nike trainers. The brunette, brown-eyes girl has some oats and toast for breakfast with a blueberry and raspeberry smoothie that was chilled in the fridge.

The girl admires the view of the city she now calls home. Yes, Jessica misses her messy and noisy home town which was full of life when there was a football match on but she's come to love Monaco just as much. The girl finishes her breakfast and smoothie. She heads inside, carrying her dirty pots and places them in the sink. Just then, her phone vibrates on the side with a notification

••••••••••
iMessage
Max

Max
I'm outside
We're meeting up earlier than
expected

Jessica
Coming
Let me just get my stuff
••••••••••

Once her stuff was packed and a quick change into her bikini, Jessica ran downstairs from her apartment to Max's car. "Hey." she smiles, getting in beside Max. "Hi. Got everything you need?" Max asks. "Let see. Towel, change of clothes, costume, suncream plus all the necessities. Yep." Jess smiles. "Have you got yourself?" Max jokes. "I've never had that." Jessica laughs as does Max. The two head to the yacht were they were meeting the other drivers

"So, what exactly are we doing today?" Jessica asks. "Having a relaxing day. We know that the business starts soon." Max says before continuing to explain the day ahead. Jessica listens intently as Max explains the plans for the day. "So, basically the plan is to get drunk." Jessica laughs as Max nods. "Basically." Max smirks as Jessica shakes her head with a soft chuckle.

The duo arrive at the yacht where some of their fellow drivers were waiting. "Hey guys." Max smiles. "Hey Max. Hey Jess." Alex smiles as he stands beside his roomie teammate, Logan Sargent. "Excited?" Carlos asks, looking at the pair. "Yeah. Though I did have to phone Jess to get her up." Max smirks, proud of himself for his antics. "Yeah and I'm pushing you off the yacht for that." Jess glares at him. "Come on, Jessica. It couldn't be that bad." Logan speaks up. "Oh it was. I was enjoying my dream and his horrid voice ruined it." Jessica says.

Once the other drivers had arrived, everyone boarded the yacht. "I'd still prefer to be at home Max." Jess says to the redbull driver and 2 time world champion. "What? Lazying around in bed than hanging out with us? That wasn't going to happen." Max smiles, playfully nudging Jess as she rolls her eyes. "Is there anyone else who didn't want to be here?" a familiar french accented voice asks. Jess turns around and breathes a sigh of relief when she sees a fustrated Pierre. "Me." she says. "Nice to know I'm not the only one who was brought against their own will." Pierre says.

Jessica grabs his arm and drags him away. "Listen. I know neither of us want to be here but lets just suck it up for the others and save the complaining for where it's most needed. On the track. Okay?" Jess quietly says with a soft smile. "Okay. Lets just get through today and have fun." Pierre nods. "Thats it. Just relax." Jessica smiles before gently hugging Pierre.

The two join their friends on the yacht and Jess immediately went to find a place where she could sunbathe. "Jess, what do you want to drink?" Lando calls to her. "Have we got any wkds?" Jess asks. "Yeah. Blue, pink gin, apple and grape, summer fruits." Lando responds. "Give me a blue wkd and put a pink gin in the ice bucket." Jess replies.

The brown-eyed, brunette girl laid her towel down on a sunbed. Jess sat down as the others all slowly made their way out to where she is by the pool. Carlos and Lando set up a bog speaker set before connecting it to the bluetooth of Lando's phone and playing some loud music. "Here." the younger mclaren driver smiles, handing Jess her drink. "Thanks Lan." she smiles, taking her drink.

The rest of the day was filled with laughter as the drivers enjoyed the last few weeks of freedom before the craziness of the racing world before the season starts.