Chapter 28

Pierre heads from the hotel restaurant where the other drivers were having breakfast up to Jessica's room. The frenchman knocks and when he doesn't get an answer, Pierre tries the door handle and sees that it's open.

Walking in, Pierre sees Jessica laid asleep in her bed, curled up in a ball. The Alpine driver smiles to himself before placing the water, food and medicine on the side. The frenchman sits on the bed and pulls the girl close to him. Jessica stirs before laying her head on Pierre's stomach. He begins to play with her hair as he holds her. The alpine french driver allows the british mclaren driver to lay on his stomach while placing one hand against her forehead.

Pierre can feel Jess' temperature is really high. He can't help but feel bad for her that she's ill on race weekend at one of her favorite circuits. As he's playing with her hair, Pierre recieves a message from Charles

••••••••
iMessage
Charles

Charles
Hey mate, a lot of us are going
out today if you and Jess want
to join us?

Pierre
We would but we can't
We're both in our rooms catching
up on sleep

Charles
Oh okay.
We'll still go out another time
though

Pierre
Okay. Have fun

Charles
We will

•••••••••
"Pierre." Jessica groans, rolling back and looking at Pierre. "What's wrong?" Pierre asks, looking down at Jess. "I'm going to be sick." Jess whispers, her eyes filling with tears. "Okay. I'll carry you to the toilet." Pierre says, lifting the girl into his arms and carrying her into the bathroom. "Is there a hair tie in here?" Pierre asks. "Yeah. On the shelf." Jessica responds before throwing up. Pierre quickly finds her hairtie before rushing over to her and tying her hair up before gently rubbing her back. "It's okay. I'm sure it's going to pass by race weekend." Pierre reassures Jessica. "I-I hope so." Jessica groans, tears falling down her cheeks.

Jessica continues to throw up. "What have you caught, Jess?" Pierre asks, concerned for his friends health. "I don't know. I think it's the flu." Jessica groans, sitting against Pierre's chest while breathing heavily. "Okay. Well, have some medicine and get some more sleep. We don't have plans." Pierre smiles. "We?" Jessica looks at him confused. "Yep. I told Charles a little white lie so I could stay with you." Pierre smiles as does Jessica. "Thank you." Jessica sadly smiles as Pierre helps her up onto her feet. "God, you're really weak right now, aren't you?" Pierre chuckles. "Don't tell me. I just want to go back to bed." Jessica says, leaning against Pierre as she feels her legs shaking. "Okay. Lets go lay in bed then." Pierre smiles, helping Jess walk back to the bed.

"Here. Have some medicine and water." Pierre says, holding the medicine and drink out to Jess as she sits up in bed. "Thanks. You're honestly the best." Jessica smiles taking the medicine and swallowing it with some water. "Come here. Get some more sleep." Pierre softly says. Jess lays on his lap and immediately falls asleep again.

The rest of the day was more or less steady. Pierre rarely moved all day as Jess slept against or on him. The frenchman knew that Jess was seriously ill just by the fact she was sleeping all day. He managed to get some sleep while Jess was asleep. "Right, I'm going to head back to my room. Do you need anything?" Pierre turns to Jess who is laid in her bed still. "Can you stay? I don't want to be alone." Jessica frowns. "Sure." Pierre nods before walking back. He quickly changes out of his clothes into just his boxer shorts before climbing into bed beside.

The brunette british girl shuffles over and lays on Pierre's chest as she immediately falls back into the familiar feeling of a deep sleep that she has come adjusted to all day. The french Alpine driver sadly smiles to himself as Jess falls asleep against him, light snores leaving her mouth as she steadily breathed. Pierre softly kisses the top of her head before falling asleep himself.