Chapter 23

BLACKPOOL, ENGLAND

Following the Silverstone weekend, Pierre, Jessica and her family all decided to go to Blackpool for the next week. "Okay. So Tori, you have your own room. Me and Jackson have a family room with Rosie and both Jessica and Pierre are sharing." Natalia smiles handing Jessica and Victoria their room keys. "No doing something we won't do Jess." Jackson laughs as Jessica rolls her eyes playfully. "Shut up, Jackson. We've shared a hotel room numerous times. Plus, we're not together or anything." Jessica smiles before heading to the lift and pressing the floor hers and Pierre's room is on.

"Does Jackson..." Pierre begins asking before Jessica interrupts him. "Yes. He think we're together." Jessica laughs as does Pierre. The duo talk as they walk into their room and place their cases on the bed. "I don't think I have enough clothes to last me the whole week." Pierre says, looking at his case. "It's okay. We can go shopping for some clothes." Jessica smiles, looking over her shoulder at Pierre. "Where though?" Pierre asks. "Primark, JD, Sports Direct. There's a lot of shops here." Jessica smiles as she takes her pajamas out and lays them on the pillow of her share of the bed. "Okay. Do you want to go around a few shops each day before we go see the musical on Saturday?" Pierre suggests and Jess nods. "I do want to spend a day at the hotels pool though." Jessica smiles. "We can do that." Pierre smiles

SATURDAY NIGHT

"Okay, we're heading to the show. Don't know what time we'll be back." Jessica says walking past her mum, sister, Jackson and Rosie. "Ohh, going on a date?" Jackson teases before Jessica glares at him. "No. We're going to see the musical that none of you want to come and see with me. I wasn't letting a free ticket go to waste so Pierre offered to come with me. Why do you think he's escaped Charles? For the crack. We're spending time as friends seen as we live in different cities." Jessica glares before she and Pierre walk off towards the tram stop.

"Where do we get off?" Pierre asks. "We'll get off a tower and walk up to the Winter Gardens." Jessica smiles as Pierre nods. "Alright. What do you want to do tonight after the show? Have some drinks?" Pierre suggests and Jessica nods. "I like that idea." Jessica softly grins.

The tram takes what feels like a long ride to the stop Jess and Pierre need to get off at. "It's a bit chilly and I forgot my jacket. There's definitely a storm here." Jessica chuckles. Pierre wraps his jacket around Jessica's shoulders before pulling her close to him. "Thanks." Jess smiles. The pair walk up to the winter gardens where a queue has formed outside the building. Jessica loads up the tickets on her phone.

After showing their tickets, Jess and Pierre walk inside and the atmosphere was electric to say the least. "Excited?" Pierre turns to Jess as he can see the familiar sparkle in Jess' eyes grow ever so brighter. "Definitely. Lets find our seats." Jessica smiles as the pair walk into the auditorium where it is already busy.

The show began and the bright lights filled the room. Pierre could see the excitement radiating off Jessica as the musical began. Throughout the show, Pierre would steal glances at Jessica and she would steal some of him. The frenchman, under all the nerves, plucked up enough courage to take her hand into his. To his surprise, Jessica didn't pull away. Instead, she held his back.

"Are you enjoying this?" Jessica quietly says to Pierre. "Very much. I'm glad you asked me to come." Pierre smiles. "I'm glad you are and I'm happy you decided to use a free ticket." Jessica chuckles as Pierre nods. The frenchman gently runs his thumb over the back of Jessica's hand which sends a tingling sensation through her body.

Leaving the Winter Gardens once the show had ended, Pierre still had Jessica's hand in his. "It's only half 9. Do you want to go for some drinks? Just me and you celebrating your win." Pierre suggests and Jessica nods. "Yeah. Sounds like a good idea." Jessica smiles as the two walk towards a bar. "ID?" one of the security says. Jessica and Pierre show their id. "Oh, Jessica McCabe and Pierre Gasly. Formula 1 drivers. Come right in. I'll take you over to the bar. First round is on me for your home win, Jess." the security smiles and leads the two inside. "Could get used to this." Jessica laughs to Pierre who laughs aswell.

"Are either of you driving?" the security guard asks. Both Jessica and Pierre shake their head. "Okay. What are you guys having?" the securitu guard asks as Pierre and Jess look at the menu. "I'll have a sangria. Pierre?" Jessica turns to her best friend. "I'll have the same." Pierre smiles as the security guard nods before ordering their drinks. "Enjoy your night guys. Mr Gasly, protect your girl. Guys will be all over her tonight if your not careful with how pretty she is." the security guard laughs before walking away.

"Wait but..." Pierre starts saying but it was too late. "And that's another who thinks we're dating." Jessica laughs, hiding her face on Pierre's shoulder as she does. The Alpine driver places a hand on the back of Jess' head before gently running it over her hair a few times. "Here are your drinks. Enjoy." the bartender smiles, placing the drinks on bar. The two drivers take their alcoholic drinks and find a table. "Hopefully it stays like this and no-one interrupts us." Pierre smiles, wrapping his arm around Jess' shoulder, the girl leaning her back against him.

The rest of the evening following the show was relaxed. The iconic best friend duo enjoyed a few more drinks. "Come on, drunkass. Lets go back." Pierre says to a very drunk Jessica. "But I want to stay out, P." Jessica whines. "Unless you want to feel like a train crash, we have to get some sleep. We have to head to the airport tomorrow to head out to Hungary." Pierre says, helping Jess up. "Ugh. Why do we have to race. Couldn't we have 2 weeks off." Jessica complains as she and Pierre head to catch the late night tram back to their hotel.

When they get back, the french alpine driver helps the female british mclaren driver up to their room and as soon as she lays on the bed after she was changed and Pierre removed her makeup, Jessica immediately falls asleep. Pierre simply chuckles at the sight of the girl before getting changed himself despite being near to drunk. He climbs in the bed beside her, Jess feeling her best friend getting in beside her and she shuffles over, laying her head in his chest. Pierre smiles as he gently runs his fingers tips along Jessica's waist, the sound of his steady heart beat luring her into a deep sleep.

Pierre gently kisses the top of Jessica's head as he holds her in his arm, keeping her close. "Night Jess." Pierre whispers, getting into a comfier position. "Mmm, night." she mutters, drapping her arm around his waist.