Chapter 11

MONTE-CARLO, MONACO

A couple of days had passed since Bahrain. Jessica had returned home in the UK for a few days to visit her family before heading back to Monaco where she invited Pierre to her apartment. Jess woke up to the sun sneaking its way into her room. Jessica stretches in bed and yawns before getting out her bed and heading to her kitchen.

The girl grabs a bottle of water out of the fridge and heads straight back to her room to change ahead of Pierre arriving to spend the day together. The pair agreed back in Bahrain to spend a full day watching movies like they used to back when they were at AlphaTauri. Just as she steps out of her room, Jess hears a knock at her door. "Hi! Looks like you've come prepared ready for Saudi too." Jess smiles answering the door to Pierre. "Well, we have to head there soon so might as well come prepared." Pierre laughs as the two hug.

"Yeah. No wrong in doing that." Jess smiles as the two walk inside and sit on the couch while Pierre leaves his bags by the door. "What exactly are we doing today?" Pierre asks, sitring beside Jessica. "I was thinking we could maybe watch a few movies today." Jessica smiles turning to her best friend. "Sounds good to me." Pierre chuckles. "What do you want to watch? The 1995 movie Friday or White Chicks?" Jessica asks. "Friday sounds good to me. You get next pick." Pierre chuckles as Jessica shakes her head.

The girl opens Amazon Prime video and loads up the movie. Pierre grabs Jessica's shoulders and pulls her close to him. She cuddles into him, her head on his chest with an arm around his waist while he places one around her shoulder. The british girl presses play on the movie and the two watch it.

Not even half way through, Pierre got his phone out. He checked to make sure Jessica was occupied before looking at places to eat out. The brunette girl's birthday was coming up in a few months and Pierre wanted to make it extra special for her. As he searches for the best place to take her in Monaco, Jessica notices Pierre isn't paying attention to the movie but his phone. She tries to look but Pierre quickly hides his phone from her.

"Who you texting?" Jessica asks, looking up at him. "No-one important." Pierre lies. "P, don't lie to come. I tell you who I'm texting when you ask. So come on, how are you messaging?" Jessica asks, sitting up. "I've told you Jess. It's no-one. So back off." Pierre says, suddenly snapping at Jessica. The girl is a-taken back at first by his sudden outburst. "Seriously, Pierre?We talk about anything and everything. We never keep secrets from each other, that's how we've made this friendship work so far! And now, you're suddenly deciding to keep whatever you're doing or whoever your texting from me?" Jess asks.

"It's none of your business, Jessica." Pierre says. "It is though. I tell you if I'm texting a friend who I have no interest in or having a laugh with one of the drivers. We tell each other everything!" Jessica argues, raising her voice. "This one is personal, Jess! So back off!" Pierre says. The two continue arguing before Pierre gets up and heads over to his stuff. "Leaving like you always do! It's what you do when you get into an argument Pierre!" Jess calls. "Atleast I'm not the one who cries!" Pierre angrily responds before grabbing his stuff and storming out of Jessica's apartment, slamming the door.

Tears brim in her eyes and threaten to spill. Jessica releases a shaky breath after everything was quiet and the sound of the TV filled the painful silence. As she tries to process what just happened, Jessica stands in the middle of the room as the tears begin to fall. This was the biggest argument the two have every had in their years of friendship.

As the tears fell, Jessica's breathing became laboured and her chest tightened. She takes a few deep breaths to calm her breathing and process the situation. Has she just lost her friendship with Pierre over something stupid? Would it have escalated this quick if she didn't push him so much? A million thoughts run through Jessica's mind, including the fact whether she calls him or not to apologize for the whole situation.