Chapter 15

IMOLA RACE WEEK

The race week for Imola had arrived and Jessica decided to stay in Pierre's apartment in Milan for a few days. "Finally! After so long you're visiting me at my place!" Pierre grins tightly hugging Jessica, lifting her off the ground like she was a feather. "Thanks for inviting me! I can't wait for this next week." Jessica smiles, tightly hugging Pierre. "Come in. I'll take your stuff to your room." Pierre says and opens the door to let Jessica into his apartment.

The frenchman shows the girl to her room and they place her stuff down before heading downstairs to the living room. "How was your flight?" Pierre asks, sitting beside Jessica and handing her a hot chocolate. "Long. But, I'm glad I'm here." Jessica smiles, taking a sip of her drink. "I'm glad you've come to join me." Pierre smiles. "Me too. Plus, my first time in Milan." Jessica shrugs like it isn't a big deal. "Really!? Jess, I'm going to have to take you out for food." Pierre says, turning his body to face the girl. "Oh no, you don't have to do that P." Jessica says. "No, I do. I know some good places." Pierre grins. "Good places? Like where? To hide my dead body once I've died from poisoning or something?" Jessica jokes and Pierre laughs. "No. To eat you idiot." the frenchman says with a wide smile covering his face.

Jessica laughs and shakes her head before Pierre pulls her up. "Wait? We're going now?" Jessica asks, shocked. "Yes. Come on." Pierre smiles handing Jessica her bag and phone before the two leave. They walk through the streets of Milan until the find a restaurant to eat in at. "This place is gorgeous, Pierre." Jessica admits looking around. "I know. The food is amazing too. Come on, lets go take a seat." Pierre smiles, guiding Jessica over to a two seater table.

The duo sit down facing each other and order their drinks before looking at the menu. "You'll enjoy this food." Pierre cocks a smirk as Jessica gives him a playful glance. "Really?" she smiles playfully. The alpine driver nods. The pair continue to talk about the next race among other things. Their food arrives and the two enjoy their meal while talking and laughing. "How about we head back?" Pierre suggests once the pair had finished their meals and drinks. "Yeah. It's getting late." Jessica smiles as she grabs her jacket and puts it on while Pierre pays for their meal.

TUESDAY

"Hey. Have you heard?" Jessica asks, walking into the living room. "Heard what?" Pierre asks, looking at the girl confused. "About this weekends race. They cancelled it due to immense rainfall which has lead to flooding." Jessica says, sitting beside her best friend. "What!?" the frenchman asks surprised. "Look, the FIA released a statement." Jessica says, handing her phone to Pierre and he reads the statement. "What are we going to do then since there's no race this weekend." Pierre turns to the girl. "I don't know. Relaxing weekend I guess." Jessica chuckles.

THURSDAY

Pierre sat comfortably on the couch in his living room, surrounded by a few pillows and a blanket. In front of him was his phone, waiting for the livestream of him and his current teammate, Esteban Ocon and reserve driver Jack Doohan on Alpine's instagram account. As he waited, Pierre felt a weight on his chest and looked down to see his best friend and former teammate, Jessica, curled up next to him, fast asleep.

Pierre smiled, gently stroking Jessica's hair as he waited for the stream to start. He couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort and contentment with her by his side. The pair had been through so much together, both on and off the track, and he knew that he could always count on her.

Finally, the stream started, and Pierre along with Esteban and Jack began chatting with their fans. They talked about their experiences in Formula One, their love for racing, and their hopes for the future. Throughout the stream, Pierre kept stealing glances at Jessica, who was still sound asleep.

As Pierre glanced down at Jessica, feeling a wave of affection wash over him. Both on and off track, Pierre cherished every moment they could spend together. The frenchman shifted slightly, trying to find a more comfortable position that wouldn't disturb the british girl.

"Sorry about that," Pierre chuckled responding to a question from a fan. "I'm a little distracted right now." Esteban and Jack noticed the movement out of the corner of his eye and followed Pierre's gaze to Jessica. "Oh, is Jess with you?" Esteban asked with a grin. Pierre nodded, feeling his cheeks flush. "Yeah, she fell asleep on me before the stream. I didn't have the heart to wake her." Pierre says. Both Jack and Esteban laughed, "Well, we'll try to keep it down so we don't wake her."

Pierre smiled gratefully and leaned back into the couch, still holding his phone in one hand and the fingertips of his other running up and down Jessica's arm as he and Esteban continued to answer the questions provided by Jack. As the stream continued, Pierre couldn't resist the urge to show off his sleeping friend to the fans, causing them to go wild. He carefully shifted his phone so that the camera was facing him and Jessica, and whispering to the others. "Check this out."

Esteban's and Jack's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Jessica snuggled up next to Pierre. "Dude, she's out cold," Jack whispered back, trying not to laugh. Pierre grinned, feeling a sense of pride and protectiveness wash over him. He knew that Jessica was safe and happy with him, and he couldn't imagine a better way to spend his evening than with his best friend and teammates.

As the stream slowly came to a close, Pierre felt comfortable and more relaxed. Jessica continued to sleep peacefully against his chest, unaware of the livestream that was happening. "Are you going to wake Jessica up soon or not?" Jack asks. "I'll leave her be for a bit. It's been an exhausting week for her." Pierre smiles, reading some of the fans reaction to the two former AlphaTauri teammates.

The stream concludes and Pierre places his phone on the arm of the sofa before his fingers unconsciously runs up and down her arm while his other brushes some her out of her face. The frenchman smiles at the girls sleeping state. Pierre softly kisses the top of her head before falling asleep himself.

A/N: Free Practice 1 and 2 day. Yes, ITS BACK BABY!