Chapter 5 ~ forgive me ~

After the self defense class everyone was excused and told they could go back to their huts to shower and change for dinner, it had been a good day with no issues. The four friends from hut 11 walked back laughing and joking with one another, Paitoon felt positive for the first time in day's, maybe it wasn't going to be so bad after all.

They all showered and changed into their own clothes so they could launder their uniforms, alternatively they could pay local women to do the laundry for them and most opted for the latter. After freshening up they all left their hut to walk across to the canteen and bumped into Officer Chit on the way.

He had also showered and changed into a white shirt and Paitoon thought he looked more approachable out of uniform especially when he smiled which didn't seem to be very often.

"are you guy's heading for dinner" he asked them after they saluted him.

"yes Officer" the four answered.

Chit nodded then asked Paitoon if he could have a word in private.

"sure Officer, guys save me a seat" he said to the other three who couldn't get away quick enough.

Chit watched the other's walk away before speaking.

"you seem to have made friends quickly"

"yes sir, they're good lad's" Paitoon replied.

"how has your second day been cadet? any after effects from running yesterday?" Chit asked.

"no sir, I'm kind of used to pushing myself" Paitoon said.

"you normally exercise that hard?"

"pretty much sir, I have a personal trainer and a choreographer who push me hard"

"I don't know about your chosen career but it would seem you have all the makings of a great soldier cadet" Chit remarked.

"thank you sir but I prefer to entertain people" Paitoon replied.

"anyway, I forgot to tell you before but I spoke to my superiors regarding your hair, they said given the circumstances you are exempt from having your hair cut but it must not be any longer than it is right now and when the contract ends you must comply and get a regulation haircut" Chit said half smiling.

"thank you so much Officer, you don't know how much that means to me" Paitoon replied.

"good, so now you can focus on basic training and stop worrying, let's go eat" Chit said turning to walk towards the canteen.

"are you eating in the canteen as well sir?" Paitoon asked.

"can't I?" Chit laughed.

It was the first time Paitoon had seen Officer Chit laugh out loud and it was a wonderful sound, he was so handsome when he smiled.

"yes of course, I'm sorry sir I didn't mean ..."

"that's ok cadet, I'm just teasing you"

They both headed to the canteen and as usual as soon as Paitoon walked in everyone went quiet and stared at him even more so now because an Officer was beside him in the queue. 

"I'm sorry Officer Chit, you don't have to stand beside me if you feel uncomfortable, it's often like this, people think I'm gay because I act in BLs, they either avoid me or flirt" Paitoon said

"and are you gay?" Chit asked

"I honestly don't know sir, I've never dated anyone and I've never liked anyone either" he laughed.