Chapter 9 ~ another gig ~

Paitoon couldn't stop thinking about what had happened in Officer Chit's office but he hadn't seen Chit since the incident two day's ago. He understood how busy he was and in a way he was glad of it because he needed time to put things into perspective.

They had messaged each other but they couldn't really interact much, there was always someone mooching about getting into your business, it was very difficult to have secrets on a military base.

The weekend was coming up and they all had a full day off on Sunday or at least the cadets did, Paitoon called P'Sachat to see what was happening and was informed that he had a modelling gig. He had to be at the main gates early on Sunday morning and he probably wouldn't get back until late.

The chance to spend any time off base with Chit was proving to be as elusive as seeing a white elephant dancing down Khao San Road on a Saturday night in Bangkok, ok he hadn't decided whether or not to to allow Officer Chit to pursue him yet but it was the principle. 

Even if he had, it was going to be difficult to spend time together but he suspected that even if he said no, Chit would pursue him regardless now that he had made up his mind to do so. Paitoon had so many things to consider, his career for a start and how a relationship might affect it not to mention a gay one.

There were a lot of lgbtq ... people in the industry, he supposed he could call one or two people he'd worked with and ask them how their sexuality had affected their careers but it was a bit of a random question when you hadn't seen someone for a while or he could just stop worrying about it and get on with it?

What if Chit just wanted a brief affair while he was doing his national service, maybe he did this with all the new cadets and it was all an act, could he trust him, who could he talk to about it all and what if the higher up's found out? would he be in trouble for dating a superior Officer?

In truth he felt as if he didn't need the stress right now but he couldn't stop thinking about Chit and that kiss, was there ever a right time to begin a relationship, was he over thinking everything?

Across base, Chit was thinking about Paitoon, he couldn't get that kiss out of his mind. He hadn't been able to see him since then as he had been busy with other cadets. The few texts they had shared had been impersonal but he understood.

All the cadets had a day off this coming Sunday, perhaps they could meet up in town somewhere and drive further afield where no one knew them, they could spend some quality time together. Chit had a class with them tomorrow, he would ask him then.

The following day, Paitoon spent the morning on the rifle range and the afternoon in class. He had seen Chit at the range and he had asked him if they could meet up in town on Sunday and had looked disappointed when he had told him he had to work, he remembered how the conversation had played out ...

"where are you working?" Chit had asked.

"I won't know until my agent picks me up" Paitoon replied.

"can I come with you?"

"again, it's awkward because I don't know where I am going, it might be somewhere that's restricted to models and crew only"

"then say I am part of your crew" 

"I don't know how my agent would react to that Officer Chit"

"call me P' or P'Chit when we are alone"

"P'Chit, I'm sorry but it really is out of my hands"

"I know, I'm sorry for putting pressure on you Paitoon, I'll talk to you later" Chit had said before patting him tenderly on the head and walking away.