Chapter 8 ~ discussion ~

The following morning Officer Suttinut did roll call and after inspection they were informed that they should go for breakfast then head over to the gym. There would be more cadets than usual today because three groups would be present.

Chit was sitting in the canteen eating his breakfast when he saw Paitoon and his room mates enter and he watched them as they got their food and found a place to sit. There were things he wanted to say to him but now wasn't the right time and he was still pissed off about the guy from last night but it would just have to wait.

Paitoon could feel that he was being watched and when he looked around the room his eyes collided with Officer Chit's before Chit looked down to continue eating. Paitoon frowned wondering why Chit was looking at him before shrugging and tucking into his breakfast.

In the gym an hour later, the cadets wore dobok's (martial arts clothing) and sat on the floor in an orderly fashion surrounding a large mat wondering what they would be doing today, apparently it would be grappling, taekwondo and muay thai.

Paitoon looked around the large hall and noticed Sikheiyo from hut 10 staring at him, the other man waved and smiled and Paitoon felt kind of awkward, even more so when Sikheiyo got up and came to sit next to him.

"hey Paitoon, how's it going?" he asked.

"fine but we really shouldn't be talking right now" Paitoon said trying to ignore the guy.

"this is the first time we've been in class together" he said smiling while ogling down the front of Paitoon's dobok.

It's not that Sikhieyo wasn't a good looking guy and he had a great body but Paitoon didn't particularly like him, he found him a bit creepy. Paitoon pulled the folds of his jacket together and tightened his belt then tried to ignore him.

"do you have a girlfriend Paitoon or maybe a boyfriend" Sikheiyo asked him.

"do you have something to say Prásinos" Officer Phong called out after seeing him talking.

"no Officer, sorry sir" he said.

"get up here, Pinamakhorn, you too" Officer Phong called out.

The pair walked onto the mat and faced the instructor's and Phong told them to demonstrate a few grappling techniques so when prompted they took hold of each others dobok's and began trying to throw each other. Sikheiyo was strong but Paitoon had studied technique.

He managed to throw Sikheiyo easily and pinned him to the mat but then Sikheoyo managed to throw him off and quickly pinned Paitoon down and held him secure for a few moments staring into his eyes before his gaze moved down to Paitoon's lips then Paitoon lifted his legs and wrapped them around Sikheiyo's neck dragging him down again and forcing Sikheiyo into a submission hold.

He had to be careful because he didn't want to render Sikheiyo unconscious so after a few moments he let go.

"good, three great moves there cadets" Phong said before calling two more cadets onto the mat.

Chit watched Sikheiyo, he had seen the kid make a beeline for Paitoon and he didn't like the way he was leering at him, he certainly didn't like seeing his hands all over him as they grappled then he told himself he was being unreasonable but there was something bugging him about Sikheiyo, he just didn't know what.

The morning passed by quickly then the cadets were told to go and wash up and go for lunch and Chit managed to pull Paitoon to one side to tell him he wanted to see him in his office after dinner.

"have I done something wrong Officer?" Paitoon asked.

"we'll discuss it later cadet" Chit replied keeping it vague.