Chapter 6 ~avoidance ~

Several day's had passed since Paitoon's conversation with Officer Chit that night. He and his room mates had fallen into a comfortable routine and Officer Chit had not instructed their classes since that day, he hadn't even seen him in the canteen at meal times.

Paitoon couldn't stop thinking about his comment about being jealous then he would become angry because it was kind of obvious that Officer Chit was avoiding him but why, was he embarrassed for admitting his feelings or worse, ashamed?.

It's true he didn't know if he was gay because he had never harbored feelings for anyone before. He could vaguely remember having feelings for his father before he had passed away but afterwards he had learnt not to get attached to people because they didn't stick around, well he trusted his agent but that was a different feeling more like a friend he could depend on, it wasn't like loving a parent or lover.

He usually kept to himself and worked but since coming to the base he had made three friends and he had thought that Officer Chit was a friend too. He had felt good when they'd talked and even better when he had smiled and laughed that day.

Now he just felt sad as if he had been let down, he remembered how he had felt when Officer Chit had said he was jealous, his heart had sped up and he'd felt weird. He could still feel the imprint of his fingers on his wrist and his skin tingled at the memory.

All the cadets had the afternoon off and they were allowed to go to the local town so he and the guys had gone to a coffee shop. Paitoon sat down at a table outside while the other three went inside to order, he knew it would end in chaos if he went inside so it was easier this way.

One or two people recognized him and took pictures but for the most part they left him alone. He heard some girls giggling and he looked over to see what was going on and he was shocked to see Officer's Chit, Suttinut and Phong walking by the cafe with three pretty girls.

Matty, Mek and Kit came out of the cafe with the drinks and saw the Officer's before waving them over. The three Officer's asked the girls to wait while they came to say hello and Officer Chit's eyes sought out Paitoon who was sitting a few tables away from where they were. Paitoon quickly looked down pretending he hadn't seen them, why did it hurt so much to see him smiling with those girls? 

"Paitoon, look who's here" Kit called over.

Paitoon had no choice but to look up just as a group of teenage girls gathered around his table for an autograph, he had never been so grateful for his fans as he was at that moment. He took selfies with them and chatted until his friends came over then the girls said hello before going on their way.

"you just missed our superiors mate" Kit said.

"yeah, it was weird seeing them in civilian clothes it looked as if they were on a triple date or something" Mek said.

Paitoon began to feel sick and the guys noticed.

"are you ok?, you've gone a bit pale" Matty said.

"I feel sick all of a sudden, I think I'm going to go back guys" he said.

"we'll come back too" Kit said.

"no, don't ruin your afternoon because of me, I'll be fine, I'll grab a taxi and see you later, I think I'll go and get some sleep, it must have been something I ate"

"are you sure" Mek said.

"yeah, don't worry" Paitoon said calling a cab.

The cab arrived within minutes and the guys saw him off before heading to the movies. Paitoon got back to the base and walked to his hut before taking a long shower and slipping on some shorts and a vest. He climbed into his bunk and closed his eyes but he couldn't sleep for crying.