Chapter 14 ~ give me a reason ~

Sikheiyo groaned in pain as he tried to sit up,

"stay down Sikheiyo, you don't want your stitches to pop! Paitoon said gently pushing the cadet back down.

"what happened" Sikheiyo asked smacking his lip's together, this was going better than he could have imagined.

"you were injured in combat practice, the Doctor had to go out but he'll be back soon to give you some pain relief" Paitoon told him.

Sikheiyo had dreamed of moments like this where Paitoon was nursing him but in his imagination the nursing had always turned into something hot and heavy at the end not that he was up to anything hot and heavy in his condition right now. He had waited all these years, another few weeks wouldn't hurt until he was healthy again.

The pain was worth it to be this close to his love so he laid his head back against the cool pillow and enjoyed the attention.

Chit was instructing on the rifle range but he had been listening in on the device he had planted in the infirmary. He was so angry with Paitoon for telling the security to go on a break, he deserved a bloody good spanking for that and when this was all over he might just do it.

He had been informed by Phong of the situation with Sikheiyo, the kid could have bled to death, a bit lower and the blade could have sliced between a rib and caught his heart but luckily it had been higher up and even though it was deep it wasn't that deep. 

He had heard the Doctor asking Paitoon to watch over him while he went somewhere, again, he had asked the Doctor not to leave him alone, this is why shit happened because people didn't follow orders. 

He heard as Paitoon talked to Sikheiyo and reassured him that the Doctor would be back soon and to stay still. To say Paitoon was supposed to be in the infirmary for his own safety, the amount of visitors going in and out he might as well be in his own fucking hut. How was he supposed to protect him when no body was following orders, he was going to go over there at lunchtime and kick some ass.

"why are you in here Paitoon?" Sikheiyo managed to ask.

"don't you know? I thought it would be all over the base by now?" Paitoon replied.

"no, I've not heard anything?" 

"I got a letter from some guy who's been stalking me so I guess I'm here for my own safety"

"stalking you? what like following you and shit" Sikheiyo asked looking vague.

"well, I don't know but he keeps talking about being in love with me and what's going to happen when we are together, stuff like that"

"perhaps he really does love you" Sikheiyo said.

"he doesn't even know me, all he knows is what the media prints about me or characters I play in drama's, how can anyone love someone they don't even know?" Paitoon said.

"I guess the first part of liking someone is attraction, then you talk to them and ask questions like their age, what they do for a living and what food they like to eat etc, I'm guessing you've already answered questions like that in interviews over the years?" Sikheiyo said.

"yes, so?"

"well, if that's how you get to know someone, if the person has seen all your interviews and read all the articles about you, I would imagine he knows just as much about you as a person sitting across from you on a date" Sikheiyo said.

"you have a point, I guess but why does it sound as if you're defending the guy?" Paitoon asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to look at it from a different perspective" Sikheiyo said turning his head away.