~ epilogue ~

The week's flew by as the lover's continued to enjoy their vacation in the tiny village in England, they didn't want to go back to the base but knew it was inevitable. Chit continued to participate in the weekly football matches and every morning the pair got into the habit of getting up early and running laps around the field to keep fit. Some morning's Kiri and Kan would join them if they could drag themselves out of bed early enough.

Willow's Brook had become a home from home for them and they would miss Sheila, Sucharit, Lon, Andy and Champ and the lad's and even Ian but they knew they would be welcomed back any time. One evening Kiri had called Chit into his study, he had a proposition to put to him and the pair talked for quite a while until Kan and Paitoon were wondering if everything was ok.

Back in Thailand, Kit, Matty and Mek had been working on a surprise for Paitoon, they had applied for a transfer to a new hut and it was way over on the other side of the base and because they were so far away from the canteen there was a van that delivered hot meals every day alternatively they had the option to cook their own meals as the kitchenette was bigger.

The downside was that they were closer to their superiors room's but considering Paitoon was dating  Officer Chit they didn't see that would be an issue. The three cadets who were in hut 10 had also asked for a transfer and it had been granted, they had moved into hut 11 and hut 10 was being used as storage right now.

No one talked about Sikheiyo now, it was as if he had never existed and the incident was a forbidden topic of conversation where everyone self censored. Life went on as usual and the three friends looked forward to seeing Paitoon again. He had texted them from time to time and told them he couldn't wait to regale them with his memories of England when he returned home.

One day, Kan had taken them all to an English seaside town where they'd all had such fun strolling on the beach and Paitoon couldn't resist buying a novelty hat that read 'Kiss Me Quick' but of course Chit wouldn't let him wear it because everyone was coming up to do just that and then they went for lunch in a fish and chip restaurant which overlooked the pier. 

Several days later it was time to start packing to head back to Thailand and everyone was melancholy. Kan was especially sad to be leaving his parents but the good thing was he had grandparents in Thailand so he still had that small connection, even so, he would miss Champ and all the guys and he would miss playing football every weekend.

"it's only until Christmas baby, we'll be back again soon" Kiri promised his husband.

The big day arrived and Sheila, Champ, Ian and the guys all came to the house to wave them off in the company helicopter. Sucharit had already said his farewells because he had to work. Sheila hugged Chit and told him to come and visit again soon then she hugged Paitoon before whispering to him.

"remember what I told you son" she said stroking him on his cheek than patted his back.

Chit overheard her and was curious as to what she had told Paitoon.

"come here you two" she said to her son and son in law, text me when you get back and tell nanan and grandad Thiwat hello from us both, look after each other" she said beginning to sob.

"mum, stop getting upset, we'll see you again at Christmas" Kan said looking at Champ for support.

"come on Mrs T, you've still got me, we don't need those two miseries" he said putting his arm around her shoulders and trying to distract her.

"bye everyone, we'll see you all again at Christmas" Kan said and Lon and Andy turned up just in time.

The six friends climbed into the helicopter and Sheila started crying again as it elevated smoothly into the air. Kan and Andy were both crying and even Paitoon felt sad to be leaving such wonderful people behind. Kiri's eyes were a little damp but that was the breeze from the helicopter blades.