Im just better

Im just better than you, accept it

———————————————

"So how does... that girl of yours Profit for your people ?", Ronald asked Jake without looking up from the fish she prepared.

Jake thought for a second on how he should answer, while keeping his hands bissy with making the net.

"She's a great warrior. Leads the younger groups on mission, always obeys orders and does whatever she thinks, is the right thing to do and says her mind openly.", Jake began to explain in a low voice.

"What about your son than ?", she replied.

Jake got confused by that question even more. He continued to give details of how both of them were excellent at their interest and how they supported each other. He also mentioned that Na'li knows the basics of  her Tsahik training in which Ronald got very interested in.

"Mother, I'm going to the others to train ! You want me to bring you something, when I come back ?", the voice of a young reef boy interrupted their conversation.

" there's no need for that, but I do indeed have something for you to do. Take the forest girl, Na'li with you for training. Make sure she trains just as hard and better than all of you. I saw her using a spear already, so I figure she has one of her own for some reason.", his mother explained.

"Mother, please ! Why do I ha-", the warrior got silenced with a stern glance.

" That wasn't a request, it was a order ! Talking back to me in-front of people."

"Forgive me, mother. Will do as you say.", was the last thing the boy said.

He went to the beach, since he knew the young girl would be there as usual. And again he was proven right. She was sitting there on a rock that was barley under the water. She was taking deep breaths in a regular rhythm.

It almost looked like she was focusing on something. Around her were swimming fish in a circle.

"Ey freak, come here ! My mother requested you to join on my training. U will use your spear to fight against our people and defeat fish in the ocean. But I don't think you will get so far anytime soon, or at all to be honest with you.", was the first thing he said.

He looked stoic with a straight posture and annoyance written into his face.

The girl looked at him and laughed a little, "did a crab get to your butt or why that ugly face ? My bad, that's how you look like on a daily basis."

She stood up and followed him to another side of the island, where many young man were getting ready for their training.

The teacher came as well and introduced Na'li to the other after he asked the chiefs son what the forest girl is doing here.

At first the young woman didn't get to do much, but after some time of analyzing their fighting and hunting style outside the water she proposed to try herself out. In the end, she was still supposed to learn.
She fought against a boy that looked a little over her age and failed at the first try. She demanded a redo and tried again. This time it took him longer to defeat the girl.

Aonung laughed and pointed at her throughout the whole time which bothered the woman a little bit. She wouldn't let him distract her. She had a goal to achieve.

And again she laid face down in the sand. The teacher wanted to call it quits for her, but she wouldn't that sit on her and asked for one last try.

At the fourth try Na'li managed to defeat the man in-front of her and she screamed in victory. Everyone went quiet.

"What do you say now fish face ? Wait, sorry ! I can't hear you, because I thought last time we spoke you said I wouldn't make it anytime soon."

She helped the guy she tackled to the ground up and came closer to the chiefs son.

"Just because u defeated him doesn't mean anything, I bet he was tired ! Come on Duell against me !", Aonung answered quite irritated.

The teacher warned both of them and continued his under water with hunting. Na'li got told everything about her mothers weapon and what meaning which item on it had. She got a rather small fish at the first time. She stayed with most people inside the reef, while some others were already outside of it.

She thought about how she could train alone in future just to become better.

She wanted to prove herself worthy.

After a hard day of training with the others and small bickering with Aonung, she showed to everyone her hunted fish and cleaned some new bruises she got.

"How did you do that ? How did you get so many fish ?! Did you steal them from others ?! There's no way that you managed this so well at your first day !" , one of Aonung friends screamed in disbelief.

Na'li stepped calmly right infront of him and bent down to his height.

"I'm just better."
And with that she left the group of boys standing right next to her fish while screaming something to her back, "and also my family and I would never steal from you."

What they didn't know was that a specific forest man flew above them on his lookout for anything suspicious.

—————
911 words
—————
Unedited