Irresponsible?

Either you are responsible or irresponsible- you decide

————————————

Jake was running circles in their hammock with disbelief written on his face.

"What was the one thing I asked for ?", he questioned harshly.

"Stay out of troubl-", one of his sons began, but got interrupted almost instantly, "Right, stay out of trouble!", while all of that happened Jake came dangerously close to his youngest son.

"It was my fault. It was my responsibility to-", Neteyam jumped in and moved over to cover his younger brother, trying to make his father settle down in the moment.

"No, you've to stop taking the heat for this- ...knucklehead!", Neteyam's jaw clenched, wiping the blood off his lip with the back of his hand.

The tension in the air was almost thick enough for you to feel it in the exact same moment you stepped into the hammock.

Lo'ak stood up to his actions and tried to argue with his father, "Dad Aonung was picking on Kiri.. he called her a freak."

Jake froze for a second neither his body or mind was functioning at that moment.

The tension went down since the whole situation made more sense, "Okay... go apologize to Aonung, he's the chief's son. Just make peace I don't care how. Go."

As the warrior walked out of the hammock, Jake stopped his already adult son from going after him, "So... how'd the other guys look?"

Neteyam was unsure what to answer. He was unsure on what his father wanted to hear.

If the truth doesn't help anyone, then it's better to lie.
These words from his mate popped out of nowhere. The truth is what he wants and it's not gonna make the situation any worse or better.

"Worse.", he answered dumbfounded.

Jake nodded slightly repeatedly, as a small satisfied smile creeps on his face.
"Good", he returned with a little bit of satisfaction.

"Way worse," Neteyam continues with a slight chuckle, feeling relieved that he gave the right answer.

The eldest son headed in his brother's direction,

He knew, he did the right thing defending his brother, but he wasn't sure, if he was up for all this fighting and aggression.

Neteyam never wanted to be the leader of their village. He just wanted to be happy and at peace with Na'li and not worry about any future wars and expectations he had to reach, since he had enough of that already, thanks to his father.

Neteyam couldn't get far, before a rather shocked Aonung came stumbling to him.

Na'li stayed with Jake and Neytiri.
She didn't say a word till now.
Disappointed and mad on the situation that happened just some time ago.