Ayatney

Ayatney - a woman that makes more trouble for her own good

——————————

It was late at night.
Not many of the reef people were still out and if then only in the safe center with multiple fires to lead their way around.

Na'li was a bit more distant to them, on a rock to be more specific.
She was keeping her feet in the cold water to keep her awake and made some clothing with her hands.
A bit unusual for the girl. On any other day the reef people would watch her fly her ikran or ride on her ilu and come to land to take good care of them afterwards, before running home by the end of a cliff into the woods. But not today.

Na'li had already made four more chest pieces in the reef people design and seven bracelets.
After finishing the necklace she was working on so hard, her stomach began to make multiple noises to make clear to take in something to eat.

Na'li would be more hungry lately but still refused to eat. She would eat once or twice daily and only small portions. The stress was just too much to handle right now and people could tell by looking at her. She got a lot thinner and she had dark circles underneath her eyes.

"Having fun without me I see. Maybe you found another men to take you as their partner, hè ? Maybe I should give him a lessons and make clear that you are all mine ?", said a very familiar voice behind her.

Na'li turned around and gave out a weak smirk with tiredness showing clearly in her face.

"The only man I want and look at is you, Neteyam. And you know that.", she replied, before turning back to work on her necklace.

The young warrior walked closer to his mate and sit down right behind her.
His face buried in her back and hair while his arms rested around her waist.
"Lo'ak and Kiri were worried, you know ? Usually we would all meet you at our hammock by this time, but you weren't there. What's wrong my dear ?", he asked while closing his eyes and leaning on his mate.

His hands reached the oversized red clothing the female wore over her usual tight fitting top.

His fingers played with the end the fabric, it wasn't as taken care of as before their journey.

The couple didn't get to see each other much anymore, which was a painful experience for the both of them.
Making them realize how much they relay on each other.
How much they love each other.

The girl dropped her shoulders while sighing "It's all just coming to me at once. I thought-.... I really believed I wouldn't mind coming here. I thought I'm not gonna miss home and our old life. But I do. I really do. While everyone is moving on by now... I'm just sitting here, trying to accept my faith." She blurted out in a rush, while her voice got weaker by every word that passed her lips.

Silence.

Only silence followed after that.
The male knew exactly what she meant. He felt similar before. He just hugged her with a bit more strength and drew circles on her stomach. Nobody could really see them. Not for who they really are nor in this moment so he didn't mind.