Survived disappointment

———————————-

"This isn't over yet." Tonowari says to his son after turning away and looking at Jake. "My son knows better than to take forest people outside the reef." he grabs Ao'nung's shoulder and puts on weight, forcing him to the ground until he was kneeling in front of everyone. "The blame is his and mine."

Jake nods not even thinking about disagreeing with the other male. 
His eyes were open wide and awake still filled with fear and adrenaline.

He lost his son.
In a place, that he doesn't know much about.

Even if it was only for a short time.
It scared the living shit out of him.

"Ok, let's go." he says starting to head out.
This was too much to handle.

"No." Loak says causing his father to stop in his motion and look at him in confusion.

Somewhere deep inside the Sully's everyone was hoping Lo'ak wouldn't say anything stupid.

"This is not Ao'nung's fault." he continued.
Neteyam looked at his brother before stammering unfinished words and looking dumbfounded at his mate.
He sighed tiredly and let his shoulders drop before hiding his face in his hands and shaking his head.

Everyone was already irritated and frustrated and Lo'ak wasn't making this situation any better.

Ao'nung glances up from the ground beneath him with tears in his eyes.

"This was my idea, he tried to talk me out of it, really." Lo'ak explains.

Tonowari and Ronal looked at each other. While Tonowari had an obviously confused look on his face his mate Ronal just shrugged and didn't seem to care much about what was said. She knew the truth already.

Ronal looked at her son with disbelief. "Ao'nung what were you thinking ?!" she asked angered.

Her son didn't dare to look her in the eyes. He was so embarrassed and ashamed of what he done. He didn't understand himself what he was thinking of what made him do this.