~39~

Enid's POV:

I wake up. I had a good night's sleep and no nightmares. I look down at the sleeping girl in my arms. I'm so happy to have Wednesday back. That reminds me, I need to call Yoko about that!

I'll do that later. I admire Wens, her warm body pressed up against mine. She's never usually warm, always cold. I smile and I kiss her forehead, hoping it'll wake her up.

Thankfully, it does. She mumbles and rolls onto her back, breaking out of the grasp she had on me. Her head tilts up and I look into her eyes.

"Good morning, mi amor." She says.

"Morning, Wens," I say softly.

I watch Wednesday get up from the bed and I sit up. She walks into her closet and I stay there. Should I go get ready, too?

"Shit." I hear from the closet.

Wednesday comes back out and stares at me. "Enid." She says sternly, not breaking the eye contact we've been holding.

I cock my head to the side, a tiny smile on my face. Hopefully not too noticeable. "Where'd my black and white striped sweater go?" She says, folding her arms.

I let out a snort, covering my smile with my hand. I may or may not have stolen some of her clothes to keep.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know," I mutter, forcing my smile back.

I do know. But her reaction is killing me. I watch her take slow, big steps toward me until she reaches my feet. She stands directly in front of me.

Wednesday lifts my head upwards to look at her. Damn, she looks so strong, so...

"Did you take it?" She repeats.

I don't respond as I'm holding back the smile I have. My face moves as I try not to laugh. She exhales and turns away, rolling her eyes.

Wednesday picks out a different pair of clothes and walks into the bathroom. She doesn't make contact with me, but as soon as she shuts the door and locks it, I let out the laughter.

"Stop." I hear a grumble from behind the door.

I continue laughing as I walk out of her room to my own.

Wednesday's POV:

I can't help but smile as I finally lock myself in the bathroom. She stole my clothes, cute.

I hear laughing from the other side of the door. "Stop," I grumble, trying to hold back my own smile.

It quiets down but I still hear it. Oh, Enid.

I finish getting dressed and I walk out of the bathroom. There's no sign of her. She must've gone to get dressed herself.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen where my parents are cooking breakfast. I spot Pugsley in the living room watching his one and only idol, Vincent Thorpe.

I roll my eyes, his son was an asshole. I wonder if he knows what happened. I'm broken from my thoughts as I hear someone walk towards me from behind.