~70~

Wednesday's POV:

I use the knife to take the screws off of the door knob. The last screw is unscrewed as I pry the knob off. I stumble backward, knob in hand, and I slightly smirk.

I use my foot to kick open the door, which alarms the girl and wakes her up from her slumber. Layla stares at me in shock as I glare at her, a tiny smirk passing by my face. I raise the knife a bit higher as I lunge at her.

She dodges to the side and screams. Layla starts towards the door but I tackle her away. I scramble on top of her, pinning her arms down with my knees.

"This is for Yoko, you bitch!" I yell in her face as I raise the knife. I slam it downwards, but Layla catches it with her hand.

She groans as she uses her strength against my own. I'm way stronger than her. Suddenly, I'm lifted off of the ground and slammed against the wall.

Holy shit, what the fuck?

My vision clears as I see Layla slowly stand up, staring at me the whole time. Right... stupid ass telekinesis. That's no match for me.

I get up off the ground and run at her, but soon stop as a book hits the side of my face. I fall back down to the ground, grabbing the side of my face with my free hand.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I turn my neck, cracking it in the process. She wants to play tough, I'll play tough.

I stand to my feet, not moving an inch though. Layla watches very closely at my movements.

I have something to try. I slowly look over my shoulder, turning half of my body around too. My fingers reposition the knife as I hold onto it for dear life.

Catching her off guard, I quickly turn around, throwing the knife. It slides out of my fingers and finds the target, right in her shoulder.

Layla yells out in pain as I walk over to her, kneeling down to get my knife back. I swiftly pull it out of her shoulder, earning a loud, painful groan and blood flying out.

I grab under her chin, pushing it upwards and placing the knife on her throat. Layla whimpers, wiggling around, fear indulges into her eyes.

Just how I like my victims.

"Don't ever touch Yoko again. Luckily, you won't." I smirk as I slowly drag the knife across her neck.

——————————

Enid's POV:

I jerk awake to a loud screech. I look around, startled. Yoko still sleeps next to me. Did she not hear that? Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

I curl back into bed next to Yoko as my mind races. Was that scream really just my mind? I hope Wednesday's okay.

I close my eyes, starting to fall back asleep, but another scream echoes throughout the hallways. I jerk up again, Yoko sitting up with me.

I face her with a confused look. "What the heck was that?" She asks.

I shrug my shoulders. So it wasn't my mind tricking me, that was an actual scream.

I get up off of the bed and slide into my shoes. Yoko stumbles behind me in her socks. I open the door, running toward the direction where I heard it.

I turn around the corner down another hallway, and I see a boy standing in front of a wide-open door. He's frozen in shock and fear, he doesn't move an inch.

I run over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder, looking into his fearful eyes.

"What happened?" I ask him. The boy doesn't speak but continues to stare into the room.

Wait, this is Layla's dorm. I turn around, looking into the room. I gasped at the scene. Holy shit.

I run and crouch down next to Layla who lies on the ground in a puddle of blood. Her eyes move to look at me.

"E-Enid?" She sputters with blood coming out of her mouth.  Her hand reaches for mine as I grab it.

"Who did this?" I ask her.

My jaw trembles. What happened? Who did this? And why?

Layla stutters for a second before figuring out the word. "Wednesday..." She spits out before taking her last breath.

Her eyes roll into the back of her head as they close, her hand relaxing into mine, no longer tense. Her chest falls and never rises again.

Wednesday...?

——————————

755 words

Sorry for the short chapter! I have some plans for the next couple chapters and I didn't have enough ideas to make this chap long.
Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed!
Peace ✌🏻