~12~

Wednesday's POV:

My eyes flutter open. I'm still in the hospital room. I've awoken since they put those drugs in my arm.

I lift my head from the pillow and look around. My eyes land on Enid as she sits in the chair, scrolling on her phone.

"Enid?" I say in a very quiet and weak voice. It's muffled due to the mask on my face.

Her eyes meet mine rather quickly and she drops her phone. "Wednesday!" She exclaims as she gets up out of the chair.

She runs over to me and looks at me for a moment, her eyes flickering from my right eye to my left. She grabs the mask and rips it off. She pulls my face forward as she kisses me. I kiss back for a few moments before pulling away, and taking a couple of breaths.

"Calm yourself. I just woke up." I say, a small, quick chuckle comes from me. She straightens up and gives me a huge smile, to which I return a small one.

I missed my Enid.

Enid's POV:

A nurse came in to check on Wednesday after she woke up. I'm so happy to see her.

The fight we had was pushed far away once she opened her eyes. I'm glad she's awake.

Wednesday and the nurse talk, and I listen in very carefully. Just to make sure Wednesday's all right. They said she could be discharged as long as she was able to walk. Wednesday nods and lifts the blanket to place it to the side. She swings her legs off the bed and steadies herself for a second.

The nurse holds out a hand and she grabs it.
I quickly rush over to her right side to grab her other hand. Together, me and the nurse balance Wednesday as she stands.

Surprisingly, she stands normally and is able to walk. But she just has a little limp, which should go away in a couple of weeks. Must be an Addams family thing to be able to heal fast, just like us werewolves.

I smile at the girl as she walks back and forth in the room. Thank god you're awake, Wednesday.

I missed you.

Wednesday's POV:

As I walked around the room, the wound felt a bit better now than last night. Must've been whatever she shot into me.

Enid signs the discharge papers and calls her vampire friend to pick us up. I'm so happy I'm awake to be with Enid. I missed her.

A few minutes later, Enid stands up from the bed. She been sitting next to me while we waited for Yoko. "Yoko's here. Let's move, shall we?" Enid says. I nod and get on my feet.

I'm surprised I'm not in one of those disgusting hospital gowns. But there is still blood, I'd need to change when I get back. I'm assuming Enid told them something about it.

Anyway, I am allergic to color... Except when it comes to my love, Enid. We walk out of the hospital and sit in the backseat of the car.

"Damn, you healed that fast, girl?" Yoko says with a laugh. I nod and she sighs.

Enid and Yoko chat along the car ride as I sit there, looking out the window. How many days has it been? I hope I didn't miss much. I'm happy Enid's safe, though.

We arrive at Nevermore and Yoko waves goodbye to us. Enid waves back but I just give her a nod. Silently appreciating her... for everything, basically.

We walk the halls of the school when I break the silence between us. "How long was I out for?" I ask, making eye contact with Enid.

"About 4 maybe 5 days." She replies. I nod as I look back down at the ground. I watch how perfectly our feet are in sync as we walk.

We stop in front of our dorm as Enid unlocks it. She lets me walk in first, so I do. But I stop a couple of steps from the door and I wait for her as she comes in and locks it.

She turns around, stopping when she sees me. "Are you okay?" I ask before she can say anything.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm good." She says.

Deep down, I don't believe her. Deep down, I think she's lying. "You're not. I can see." I say.

Her eyes widen a bit. "You can?"

I nod. I take a step closer to her, she still stands there, not moving an inch. "The fight... was my fault," I say. "And I am sorry about it. It's not your fault. Don't think it is. I care about you deeply. Always know that." I finish as I already have taken her hand in mine.

"I love you." She says as she looks into my eyes.

I swallow. She gives me a smile, most likely knowing I am not going to say it back. But instead of saying it...

I press my body to hers as I kiss her passionately. She kisses back without hesitation.

We pull away after a few minutes, pressing our foreheads against one another. "I-I... love you too," I say.

I said it... I actually said it. I finally told Enid I loved her. My heart skips a beat. I look into her eyes and she gives me a small smile.

"I know you do." She says before she brings me into another round.

——————————

909 words