Game Set

"Luckily the bullet didn't travel that far in, so it's not that severe. Isogai-kun only fainted due to blood loss, so don't worry Ashiya-san."

I nodded and stared at the occupant in the hospital bed. Bandages covered up the wound and Isogai lay there with his eyes closed. I clenched my fists and walked out of the room, feeling more rage than sadness.

Someone innocent had gotten hurt instead of me. If only I had been more careful-!

"Don't blame yourself Ashiya-san, there was nothing you could do. Isogai made that decision himself to quickly save your life, so there was no way he wouldn't get hurt in the process."

I let my rage burned a little bit more before it vanished altogether. Isogai wouldn't have wanted me to stop the search because of him, so I would do just that. I found Karasuma-sensei in the corridor talking to Bitch-sensei and I walked straight for him. He turned around at my presence.

"Ah, Ashiya-san how is Isogai-kun doing?"

"He is fine, he will recover in a couple more days. Sensei, I have a request to ask of you."

I bowed down at both the teachers formally.

"Please let me undergo the same training as Class E!"

Karasuma-sensei shook his head.

"I'm sorry, we cannot afford to have a student outside of Class E to undergo the training. It's against the conditions handed to us by the government."

"Isn't taking care of Class E your responsibility? Your student just got shot and I don't want anyone else to get injured again because of me. Please, allow me to undergo the same training as them so that I can defend myself too!"

Karasuma-sensei placed his hand on my shoulders and sighed.

"It's not that I don't want to but it's the government's orders. No matter what we say, we have to follow through with the procedures no matter what."

I banged my fist against the wall beside me. Is there really nothing I can do, just watching my friends get hurt for my sake? Screw it! My anger flared up again but I simply walked away, making sure that nobody tailed after me. The teachers' voices resounded in the background.

"Karasuma, can't we just listen to her request just this once? At least until the person's been captured?"

"Irina, we cannot simply act as we wish to. Our roles here are to simply take care of Class E's assassination training and we shall do just that."

Once outside the hospital, I slumped against the back of a bench in a nearby park. It was frustrating, being helpless and useless while my friends were getting hurt. One died from murder and another got shot in the arm, all because of me.

I hate this role. I hate being the damsel-in-distress all the time. I need to get stronger. At least, strong enough to protect myself and everyone around me.

******

It didn't take long for me to notice the change in the atmosphere. People were giving me disgusted looks and I even received graffiti all over my desk and shoe locker. My books had been thrown al over the place. My desk had a single word boldly painted in red.

MURDERER.

Shivers ran down my spine. What in the world happened this time?

"Ashiya Yuzuha of class 3-A, please report to the principal's office immediately."

I gulped and left the class quite shaken, while trying to ignore the jeers and insults of the other students. I finally reached the principal's office, but I couldn't feel relieved yet. Somehow, I had a bad feeling about this.

I opened the door and found the principal seated comfortably in his armchair. He gestured at me to sit down and I did as I was told. Those two eyes seemed to stare deep right into my soul. I did all I could to prevent myself from running away.

"Ashiya-san, do you know why you have been called to my office?"

I shook my head.

"Well, play dumb while you still can, but we have solid evidence here of your crime."

My... crime? Principal Asano took out his laptop and after a few tapping of the keyboard, he faced the laptop towards me. There was a picture taken on the screen, possibly taken by a hidden CCTV. Two people were in the picture and I recognized them both. It was Ayaka and me.

"This was taken on the day before Mikage Ayaka's death. It appears that you have tried to actually harm her by pushing her down the stairs, which lead to further damage to her skull during the car accident."

The principal took the laptop away and kept it away.

"Of course, you aren't directly the cause for her death so we won't take action for that. However, since you tried to harm one of our best students, it is regrettable that we must punish you."

"But Principal, I didn't push her down the stairs! I was trying to save her!"

The principal's mask dropped a little, so I quickly shut my mouth.

"Don't try to deny it any further Ashiya-san, it's not good to lie. Your posture in the picture tells us that you indeed pushed her down the stairs. Because of that, you are to be transferred class immediately."

Once I could finally leave the principal's office, I met the glares of the students. All sorts of things were said about me, regardless of whether I could hear them or not. I took up my bag and began to leave when something hit my head. It turned out to be a whiteboard duster.

"Go away you killer and NEVER COME BACK!"

"How dare you kill Ayaka?! You MURDERER!"

I grabbed my bag and escaped from the classroom, feeling quite shaken from all that. To think that they would actually chase me out like that, how unpleasant. While keeping a poker face, I left the main school building and headed up the mountain. Beyond the pain I felt was a feeling of self-accomplishment. Who cares if I was framed and sent to Class E? Despite how the enemy had everything played out in his favor, he had made one tiny miscalculation.

Class E isn't an ordinary class of failures, but an assassination classroom. Joining Class E had been one of my objectives.

I allowed a smirk to form on my face. All according to plan.