Restart

Yuzuha placed the bouquet of flowers down and clasped her hands together in the form of a prayer. In front of her lay two gravestones resting side by side.

Here lies Ashiya Yuusaku and Ashiya Sayaka.

Yuzuha didn't visit the graveyard often because her parents seemed like strangers to her before. Now that the missing parts of her life had been returned, she realized how much it meant to have parents who had cared for her deeply during her childhood. She barely saw her mother since her mother had died due to illness when she was only five, but she could still remember her mother's smiling face. Just as sincere as her father's.

Dad, I've finally avenged your death and Ayaka's death. I wonder what sort of face you're making right now Dad. Are you having a happy life with Mum right now? Mum, is Dad treating you well up there?

Of course there was no reply, her parents' souls must have found happiness in Heaven. Yuzuha too had found her own happiness, surrounded by her loyal friends and a dedicated teacher, living a happy, school life.

Mum, Dad, you don't have to worry about me. I'm doing fine right now. I may be in the lowest class now, but I've got a really awesome teacher and I've finally found my true friends. Dad, you've asked me before if I liked school. You know Dad, I changed my mind.

I really, really like school.

Yuzuha smiled to herself and picked up her bag. After bowing once to her parent's gravestones, she made her way down the hill. Outside the gates she found Isogai standing there with his back facing her.

"Isogai-kun? What are you doing here?"

He jumped slightly and turned around to face Yuzuha.

"Oh Ashiya-san, hello..."

"... Were you... waiting for me outside?"

Her guess was right. Isogai replied with an awkward laugh.

"Ahaha, yes I was. Remember you said we should go for some ice-cream after the whole thing was over?"

"Hmmm... I vaguely remember something like that..."

"Eh... you don't remember?"

Isogai looked as if he got shot down or something. Yuzuha laughed and patted his back once.

"I'm just joking, I still remember that Isogai-kun. Let's go then!"

Yuzuha and Isogai walked along the sunset-dyed road together towards the town. Yuzuha kept finding her eyes trailing to Isogai for some reason. She felt like she had known him for quite a long time now, ever since that day she treated his wounds. Her eyes traveled from his black hair, his pale gold eyes, his figure and lastly, towards his hand. Yuzuha felt her cheeks growing warm.

Mum, Dad, is it okay if I... become a little selfish for today?

Slowly, she reached out for his hand.

A/N: It's actually FINISHED! O_O I can't believe how well this actually turned out! I thought of wanting to write something like solving a murder case but hey, it turned out okay! Thanks for reading this minna-san~ ! :D