Beginning

"Miya-san, did you study the next chapter for home economics lesson today?"

"I studied a little, but I think I can understand the rest of it quickly since it's my strongest subject!"

"As expected of Miya-san! Oh the bell's rung, I'll see you later Miya-san!"

"Bye Ashiya-san!"

I smiled to myself and headed straight for my locker. At least I somehow managed to blend in with these robots, although all they talked about was studying. Nevermind, I can always look forward to going to Class E after school! I opened my locker and reached out for my shoes. Suddenly, a sharp pain cut across my hand causing me to jerk my hand away in reflex. There was a huge cut on my hand, staining my hand with warm blood. My head began to spin.

"?! Ashiya-san your hand?!"

"Kyaaa! It's bleeding!"

A few students came to my aid and one of them carefully took out my shoes. In one of the shoes there was a large shard of glass, protruding upwards dangerously. At its tip was dyed red, the point where my hand had accidentally touched. Witnesses to the scene started screaming.

"Wh-Who did this?! This is beyond a prank, it's dangerous!"

"Blood! BLOOD!"

I didn't scream nor did I shout, I was too confused with this development. I gripped my hand tightly, which thankfully spilled none of the blood to the floor. Who did this? Why was I the one who's been targeted? And why?

"What is going on here?"

I turned around to see five people walking towards me, their aura sending the other students out of the way. It was the Five Virtuosos, with the son of the principal, Asano Gakushuu leading the group. His cold gaze moved from my hand to my shoe with the glass shard in it. He glared about the student body, who shivered in fear.

"The Student Council will investigate into this matter, so rest assure, we will capture the culprit. Sakakibara , take Ashiya-san to the infirmary and Araki, get someone to clear up this mess."

"Yes."

Without another word, the Student Council got to work and everything resumed to normal. After some questionings from the Student Council, I was finally left alone in the infirmary, having been given a day off from school. However, that didn't stop the principal from entering the infirmary. I tensed up a little but didn't let it show on my face. Somehow, the principal had this evil aura around him despite the kind mask he wore.

"You are Ashiya Yuzuha-san from Class 3-A?"

"Yes."

"How is your hand?"

"It isn't injured that badly. Thank you for visiting me, Principal Asano."

He sat down on the stool beside the bed, pretending to be all nice and concerned when really, I already know he's just trying to protect his school's reputation. What a brilliant actor.

"I apologize for the incident that happened to you this morning, we will definitely make sure that the perpetrator is punished for committing such an act. I'll be sure to contact your guardians about this."

"Thank you, Principal."

"Once your hand is healed, remember to catch up on your studies. Success don't come easily if one slacks off."

Ah, it's the usual lecture. Still, I forced myself to smile and act all nice.

"Yes Principal, I will definitely work harder."

He smiled sincerely, but I felt nothing. There was no warmth in that smile at all.

"Good answer, I'll see you around tomorrow Ashiya-san."