10. Ice cream

Yunho's POV:

We sit down on the carpet and talk about different things.

- What's your favourite ice cream flavour? - I ask.

- Definitely mint chocolate.

- Ugh. It tastes like toothpaste.

- Have you tried it?

- No but...

- Then you don't know how it tastes and you can't have an opinion on that.

- You have a point.

- And what's your favourite flavour?

- Ummmm I think caramel or tangerine.

- Tangerine?

- Yes, it's really good. You should try it.

- Do you want to have an ice cream when we get out?

- Who says you're getting out of here? - I hug him very tight.

- No... I... - he tries to escape - can't... breathe...

I set him free. We laugh.

- Okay. Let's eat an ice cream. - I stand up. - There must be an ice cream shop nearby because we're pretty close to the beach.

- Good. - he stands up and takes his new plushie.

I turn off the lights and take his hand to go upstairs and get on the car. He sits too. I start the car and drive to the beach.

- There!

He finds a place to park the car and shows it with his little finger. We get off the car and we start our way to find an ice cream shop. We finally find one and he takes a sit while I order the two ice creams.

- Choco menta y mandarina.

- Perfecto. Son 5,50€.

- Aquí tiene.

I go to the table where Mingi's waiting with the two tubs. He's cutely looking through the window. He sees me and he's about to take the choco mint one.

- Uh uh. This one's for me. The tangerine one is for you.

- Oh, come on. - he complains.

- You said I had to try this one so you have to try my favourite one.

- Okaay.

He tastes a spoonful and his face turns from disgusting to surprised.

- It's actually good.

- See?

- Now taste yours. But just don't think about toothpaste. You'll see it's refreshing.

I was trying to avoid this moment. Okay, let's taste it.

- Mmmm it's not bad. - I eat a bit more. - I like it.

- See? - he raises an eyebrow.

I smile. Then I have an idea.

- Do you want to finish it on the beach?

- Alright.

We go out of the shop and walk a bit before going to the sand. We haven't brought a towel so we sit down on the sand. We're looking at the water. It's blue, clean, relaxing.

- Um... I want to... ask something to you...

- Sure, ask me. - I say.

- Since when... do you like me? If you like me...

- OF COURSE I LIKE YOU! - I calm down. - Of course I like you. Since... the first day we met, the day of the supermarket. But I started to think of you as more than a friend when we knew eachother better. The... the walk when we talked a lot and you shared your playlist with me.

He blushes.

- I also like you since then. You hugged me so tight... You were always so kind with me but that day was special.

- I also think it was special. And um thank you for kissing me first.

- Stop! - he hits my arm.

- No, I really mean it. I don't know if I would have been so brave to let you know my feelings.

- It's okay. I don't even know how I did it.

I laugh. He's so cute.

- Do you want to have a bath? - I ask.

- I don't have my swimsuit.

- Me neither. But the sun is shining. I'm sure that if our clothes get wet they'll dry in a moment.

- Okay, yes.

We stand up and we run towards the water. He laughs. He seems to be very happy. I'm also happy because he's happy. We splash water. We even swim a bit.

- I think I'll get out of the water.

- Okay, I'll go with you.