Reconstruction Final

Chairman: To the Director of Project Freelancer.

Fade in to the electronic storage area for A.I.s

Chairman: I write to inform you, that by the authority of this sub-committee, officers have been dispatched, to place you under arrest, and we expect your full cooperation. Congratulations are in order, I suppose. When they write the new morality protocols for dealing with A.I., I'm certain they will name entire sections of the doctrine after you. It seems that you will earn your place in history after all, dear Director.

Cut to the Meta fighting the Freelancer soldiers and winning. Then cut to the main characters back in the motor pool.

"Alright." Wash starts. "Stuck to the plan. Just run. Get Epsilon out of here. Turn it over to the authorities the first chance you get."

"Sarge, shouldn't we help them?" Simmons asks. "They won't stand a chance against that thing.

"We have our orders, Simmons." Sarge states. "We have to think about the mission."

"Finally, an order I want to follow." Grif says. "Run away and live."

"If Agent Wash and Agent Cal want to face him along, that's their business."

"Yeah, but they don't want to face him alone." Simmons points out, and looks at Church. "It's just that SOME people won't help them."

"That's not our business either." Sarge states.

Wash walks over to the doors leading out. "Just drive. When the E.M.P. goes off--"

"You mean the Emp?" Caboose asks.

"Stop it. It will destroy Epsilon if you're not far enough away."

"You got it, Mr. Washington."

"Take care of yourself, guys." Wash looks at Church. "I know that's one thing you're good at." Wash hits a button and a large door opens upwards. " He's gonna be on you as soon as you clear the gate. Be ready to move. Protect the Blues' vehicle at any cost."

"Protect the blues, right, yeah. We'll get riiight on that shit." Sarge says sarcastically.

Cal walks up to Wash. "Wash, you distract the Meta and I'll take him out from behind. And if that doesn't work, don't worry about me, just make sure you hit that Emp, even if I'm bleeding to death on the floor."

"...Okay." Wash agrees.

Cut to the Meta, victorious, watching the two jeeps drive a bit and stop.

Radio sounds

Washington: That's it. Lead the Meta as far away from the base as possible.

An A.I.: It's a trick.

Another A.I.: Get the A.I.

A Third A.I.: We need them.

Washington: I just hope there's enough time.

The Meta runs toward Wash and the base

Simmons: He's fallen for it, gun it Grif!

Grif: Hold on, everyone.

Cut to Wash running through some corridors, pursued by the Meta. Wash enters a large room.

PA Voice: Warning. Security breach detected.

"Agent Washington." The Counselor's voice comes over the PA. "Good to see you, again."

"Oh, hello." Washington stops and greets. "Are you somewhere nearby, Counselor? Somewhere I can say hello, in person?"

"Sorry, Agent Washington. But we were more than prepared for this... eventuality. I'm afraid we will not be able to see each other, in person, today."